Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2002, 10:54 PM   #1
swavek
The Magister

yes, is there a way to line up your guys so that you could have 4 melee guys on the front line without resorting to any polearms and such? i've heard of scooting back your front lines so that you've got two guys in the middle and one on each side. this does work but only if all your characters are using weapons. unfortunately, my monk wasn't able to reach any monsters unless they came by the side.
Old 03-22-2002, 11:52 PM   #2
Jem
Zhentarim Guard

Sorry -- that's the only way to increase your short-range melee fighter numbers. It allows them to fight to the front only if they are in the center. If they are on the sides, they can fight to the front and to their side.

If you aren't going to use any polearms at all, I'd advise putting your spellcasters in the rear, at least one person in the center rank to block off easy access to your spellcasters but knowing he'll only be able to strike to the front, and the rest in the flanks so they can strike to the front and to their side (you can have up to 3 in each slot).

Of course, I'd also recommend having at least one person with polearms that you can put in that center rank. That allows them to do extended to the front and short to the sides and back.