Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-17-2001, 06:26 PM   #1
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is Icewind Dale a good game? I'm thinking about buying it and I've read some reveiws some say yes some say no. I want to not what you people think.

------------------
Elminster this Elminster that give me 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his Arse.
Merlin_the_Arch-Wizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 06:55 PM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

IWD is a great game!

I bought it when it came out and finished it many months ago. I recently bought the expansion pack, Heart of Winter, and found out bioware also has a FREE add-on, Trials of LureMaster. I just installed both and am playing again.

If you like role-playing games, this one is great! If you haven't tried Baldur's Gate and it's expansion pack, Tales of the Sword Coast, and Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn, and it's expansion, Throne of Bhaal, you should ABSOLUTELY get them, too.

For my money Shadows of Amn, and Throne of Bhaal are the best, but they are all fantastic. I think I like them best because they include all the improvements made over the course of all these games. But, you can't go wrong with any choice, if you like D&D!

I used to play D&D with paper and pencil, once in a blue moon(whenever I could get the gang together), and once that new contraption, the personal computer, came out I thought, maybe they'll eventually do something with D&D. It's been worth my wait!

If you end up buying them all, you've certainly got months, maybe years, of game play ahead of you. And with the Ironworks forums, you'll never have to buy another Game Guide again. Not only because people will help you with problem areas, but because Ironworks has links to all the FREE data you'll ever need.

Do I sound like a fanatic? I hope so....

If you have any questions, feel free to email me

------------------

"The Martyr" (excerpt)

There is sobbing of the strong,
And a pall upon the land;
But the People in their weeping
Bare the iron hand:
Beware the People weeping
When they bare the iron hand.

--Herman Melville (written after the assasination of President Abraham Lincoln)
Ronn_Bman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 07:10 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

IWD is a great game! I dont think you'll regret buying it!!!!!!
Lord of Alcohol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 09:42 PM   #4
crazy_diamond
Elite Waterdeep Guard

This is the best RPG I've ever played, and I've played most. It offers everything you could want: a)great combat, b)well developed plot c)excellent interaction with characters; maybe the best in the genre d)the most exhaustive inventory you can imagine, I've beaten this game(and the expansions)several times and always find aome new items that I didn't find before. Buy this before you grab Pool of Radiance, because it will alter your impression of all RPGs to follow.

------------------
You wore out your welcome with random precision.
crazy_diamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 10:15 PM   #5
shawnme
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It is a good game I would by it if I was you. Balders gat II is great to.
shawnme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2001, 11:06 PM   #6
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Just to add in my vote of confidence here: IWD is terrific. It's the first Black Isle game I've actually FINISHED...and am working my way through HoW now.

Cheers,

------------------
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote