Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2003, 08:26 AM   #1
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Hi,
These are the two doors I can't find way to open:
1. In the sewers under the temple district there is a hidden door near the 'boyscouts' who want money to allow me to pass (upper right 'corner' of the sewers)
2. In the planar sphere down in the room where the cowled funny boy 'wizard' was - up and left also hidden door - locked.

And the mysterious statue is:
After exiting the underdark in the area where Adalon leaves me - where the Kuo-toa prince is - in the lower right corner is a statue that speaks to 'leave some animal sacriface in front of it to wake up its children' - what should I leave in front of this statue ?

I'm playing SoA with ToB installed and the latest patches. Difficulty: Core AD&D rules. I'm playing the game for second time. The party is:
Me - sorcerer (16 lvl), Jaheira, Minsc, Aerie, Imoen, Keldorm and I'm still thinking that the powerfull enemy is the group that holds Staff of Mages in the Bridge district (some stone is needed to enter). These are: some mage (50000 exp when dead! I will prefer two red dragons instead of him), a lich-ie like mage (22000 exp when dead - holds staf of mages - try removing his protection from evil when his demon is around him [img]smile.gif[/img] ), beholder (the most successful spellprotections remover) and some level drain-er. Irenicus and his demons are funny compared to this group.

Thank you.
Merlin from Amber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:48 AM   #2
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

2.- I think it cant be opened, when you try to lockpick it says its just a warehouse.
3.- Do what it says: summon an animal (dryad also works) and move it to the altar... something will happen [img]tongue.gif[/img]
1.- You need a key for this one. It is located in SPOILER:
-
-
-
-
-
- ~~

DSlaytern] Sorry Ertai, hope you do not think I am being too cautious. If you think I am overdoing it, feel free to tell me and I will remove the edit.

[ 03-24-2003, 08:54 AM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 03-24-2003, 08:50 AM   #3
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Merlin from Amber:
Hi,
These are the two doors I can't find way to open:
1. In the sewers under the temple district there is a hidden door near the 'boyscouts' who want money to allow me to pass (upper right 'corner' of the sewers)

I assume you mean the door on the right. You need a special key to open it. To set you on the right path, go to the Copper Coronet and seek out J.Firkragg.

2. In the planar sphere down in the room where the cowled funny boy 'wizard' was - up and left also hidden door - locked.

Hmmmm... you can always go to the right door and exit through the left door. Bit hard to explain without spoiling too much. So long as you can enter another room, you are on the right track.

Unless you are referring to the left-left door which is unopenable and has no relevance to the game. Memory is fuzzy on whether there are 3 doors in this room. 2 are usable, 1 is useless.

And the mysterious statue is:
After exiting the underdark in the area where Adalon leaves me - where the Kuo-toa prince is - in the lower right corner is a statue that speaks to 'leave some animal sacriface in front of it to wake up its children' - what should I leave in front of this statue ?

An animal sacrifice. Seriously though... you have the ability to summon. Just make sure it is alive. Consider saving the game before doing this though... ...

~~Thank you.

No problem.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 08:53 AM   #4
Legolas
Jack Burton

First off, Welcome to the Ironworks,Merlin from Amber! [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img]

1)The door in the sewers is locked because it is part of a quest, which is why you can't open it until you have the proper key. Won't spoil you on the details just yet.
2)The door in the planar sphere... I honsetly can't remember. Someone else'll be along to help you out there.
3)You can sacrifice any summoned creature on the altar and get access to a really neat girdle [img]smile.gif[/img]
4) Yes, the Twisted Rune 'quest' has one of the toughest fights in the game. Well done to you if you managed to beat them [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ 03-24-2003, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Legolas ]

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2003, 09:10 AM   #5
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

No problem Dundee, i saw your edit when i was gonna edit it myself i thought i had spoiled too much even with the tag [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-24-2003, 10:12 AM   #6
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

Well met Legolas !

I've got my answers. Thank you.

(spoilers)

Animal sacrifice means summoning - [img]smile.gif[/img] Well I'll try it [img]smile.gif[/img]

The sewers door have something common with this Firkragg. Many keys and items from quests I'm leaving them in the taverns. I'll have to collect them and try what key is mine.

Twisted Rune - these where serious.

The only living enemies are Bodhi,Cangaxx,Irenicus and its quality black dragon.
also when Jaheira comes to 14th lvl druid I'll go to make chalenge in the druids groove. I never did it before so I'm wandering what happens.
When I'm entering the graveyard Bodhi will take Aerie (romance) thats why I'm calling Drizzt (excuse me if the name is incorrect) and the paladins for help.

Merlin casts improved mantle on the party.

DSlaytern] Just a little spoiler removal.

[ 03-24-2003, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Dundee Slaytern ]
Old 03-24-2003, 11:20 AM   #7
Pirengle
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Animal sacrifice means summoning - [img]smile.gif[/img] Well I'll try it [img]smile.gif[/img]

The sacrifice doesn't have to be a summon. (Or a nymph as Ertai pointed out; shame on you! No sacrificing nymphs!) There is a well-placed kuo-toan that can easily be charmed and led before the altar to become batter-dipped and pan-fried.

The sewers door have something common with this Firkragg. Many keys and items from quests I'm leaving them in the taverns. I'll have to collect them and try what key is mine.

A good idea is to move into somebody's house and put all of your gear into it. My last game was the ranger cabin, and this game is Cernd's house. Select a container and dump stuff into it. I have one for quest items, one for keys, one for ammo, one for weapons, one for armor. Easy to mark on the map, too.

also when Jaheira comes to 14th lvl druid I'll go to make chalenge in the druids groove. I never did it before so I'm wandering what happens.

Only the PC can make a challenge in the druid grove. This leads to the druid stronghold quest.

When I'm entering the graveyard Bodhi will take Aerie (romance) thats why I'm calling Drizzt (excuse me if the name is incorrect) and the paladins for help.

Be careful when calling allies to fight at your side. Sure, they help you, but the party gets NO credit when they kill something. So if Drizzt tags Bodhi with one of his nifty scimitars, no exp for you.

Personally, if you can tango with Shangalar (the bridge district/rogue stone lich), you're ready to face Bodhi. Unless you have tactics installed. Then it's even more fun!

EDIT: Dundee, what'd you edit? *curious*

[ 03-24-2003, 08:36 PM: Message edited by: Pirengle the BNM ]
Old 03-24-2003, 04:13 PM   #8
pcgiant
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle the BNM:
Quote:

The sacrifice doesn't have to be a summon. (Or a nymph as Ertai pointed out; shame on you! No sacrificing nymphs!) There is a well-placed kuo-toan that can easily be charmed and led before the altar to become batter-dipped and pan-fried.
[/QUOTE]You don't even need to charm the Kuo-Toan. If you lure one there of his own free will he will be sacrificed.
Old 03-24-2003, 10:43 PM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Pirengle the BNM:
~~ EDIT: Dundee, what'd you edit? *curious*
All my edits are highlighted in white. In this case, it was to prevent a spoiler.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2003, 03:15 AM   #10
Merlin from Amber
Manshoon

I see ... hm. One of the kuo-toa attacked me and ... well ... they are all death. The beholder is death 'by default' and also his two green companions. I'll try with fiend or haekashar. Is that ok?