Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-09-2002, 02:19 PM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

Feeder drummer Jon Lee died on Monday.

This is my way of paying my respects to him and his family, as I liked Feeder.

For those who don't know, they are a Welsh Rock Band.

Here is an article:

Jon Lee, drummer with rock band Feeder, has committed suicide.
Lee, 33, was found dead in his Miami home on Monday.

But singer Grant Nicholas said that despite the tragedy the band would continue, saying: "Jon would have wanted us to carry on.

Click here to watch Feeder play Buck Rogers on Top Of The Pops

"I know how much the band meant to him, and Jon's parents did say to me it would mean a lot to them if we did carry on with Feeder," he told BBC Radio 1.

Originally from Newport, south Wales, Lee was a founding member of the band who had four UK top 20 singles, including Buck Rogers and Just A Day, released last month.

Earlier, bandmates Grant Nicholas and Taka Hirose released a statement saying: "We shall miss him more than melody. We're utterly devastated."

Grant Nicholas -"We've all worked too hard to give up now - it's just a shame that Jon won't be there with us"

The band's spokesman said: "It is with the deepest regret that we must announce the tragic and premature death of Feeder drummer, Jon Lee.

"Jon took his own life on Monday, January 7th, at his home in Florida.

"At this dreadfully difficult time, we would ask that Jon's family and friends are afforded the utmost privacy."

Unconfirmed reports claim the drummer hanged himself.

The band had a top five hit with Buck Rogers

His parents Norman and Patricia were described as "distraught" at their home in St Julian's, Newport.

Lee is survived by his wife Tatiana Englehart, a Brazilian model whom he married in 2000, and a son, Cameron.

Feeder formed in the early 90s when Lee - who was a county sprinter until he suffered a leg injury - met guitarist and songwriter Grant Nicholas in a Cardiff band, Temper Temper.

The duo left for London to play in a new band, Reel, which became Feeder, also incorporating Japanese bassist Take Hirose.

Anthemic

Feeder signed a deal with Echo Records in 1995, and steadily built up a following during the late 1990s, with the track High becoming their first mainstream hit in 1997.

Their 1999 album Yesterday Went Too Soon went into the charts at number seven, as their success grew.

Its 2001 follow-up Echo Park was an even bigger success, spawning the anthemic hit Buck Rogers.

The band toured Europe at the end of last year with Stereophonics, who offered their condolences in a statement.

"Last year we toured together in both Europe and the UK and had a great time," it read.

"Jon was always the life and soul - always up for a party, so it is a great shock to hear this tragic news."
Old 01-09-2002, 04:11 PM   #2
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I Also Liked Feeder. I Think That It Is A Great Shame For This To Happen, And Also A Great Surprise. Although, I Am Glad The Band Will Carry On.