Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-06-2001, 08:56 PM   #21
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Dramnek_Ulk:
The palestinians have lived there for 2000 YEARS!!!!! does this count as ownership i wonder?, also these people do not follow the same religion. and it is undisputable that the isrealis are behaving like nazis.

Go read your history Dramnek. You are showing your ignorance. Palestinians are Arabs. Arabs moved into the area only comparitively recently circa 650AD.

2000 years ago, Palestine was a Roman province full of Hebrews, and to a lesser extent Samaritans.

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-06-2001, 09:04 PM   #22
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Kaz:
We did the Conflict in Northern Ireland some time ago in English. The problem is a bit more complicated than that...
...but basically you're right

Funny how people generalise a racial/political conflict into a religious one isn't it Kaz? The only thing religion has to do with the conflict is that it gives seperating identities to those involved. The "Catholics" are descendants of the original Irish, and the "Protestants" from the Anglo-Scottish colonists. Their surnames are different. I have some Northern Irish ancestry.

The Protestant majority gets smaller each year. Give it 30 years and there will be a Catholic majority (no condoms ). End of story.... Unless the virtual "organised crime" and "protection" that the IRA and Ulster Unionists survive on has nothing to do with it.

Is peace profitable?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!

[This message has been edited by Yorick (edited 09-06-2001).]
Old 09-07-2001, 12:14 AM   #23
Sir Taliesin
Silver Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Funny how people generalise a racial/political conflict into a religious one isn't it Kaz? The only thing religion has to do with the conflict is that it gives seperating identities to those involved. The "Catholics" are descendants of the original Irish, and the "Protestants" from the Anglo-Scottish colonists. Their surnames are different. I have some Northern Irish ancestry.

The Protestant majority gets smaller each year. Give it 30 years and there will be a Catholic majority (no condoms ). End of story.... Unless the virtual "organised crime" and "protection" that the IRA and Ulster Unionists survive on has nothing to do with it.

Is peace profitable?

How right you are Yorick!

Personally, I'm so sick of hearing about both of these places. I think the best solution would be to arm everyone and let them fight it out. Then there could be no disputing who actually owns the land. That's the answer for the Balkans too. At least the rest of us wouldn't have to hear about it for the rest of our lives. I don't think there will ever be peace in either place.

Has far as disbanding Israel. Never happen. Big pipe dream. The only way Israel will go down is under attack, and I don't think any of us wants that.
I believe you could write of Damascus, Ciaro and Bagdad. Maybe even Riyad. They'd be nuclear wastelands.

------------------
Sir Taliesin

If they take my gun can I still use my Axe?
Old 09-07-2001, 02:01 AM   #24
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:
How right you are Yorick!

Personally, I'm so sick of hearing about both of these places. I think the best solution would be to arm everyone and let them fight it out. Then there could be no disputing who actually owns the land. That's the answer for the Balkans too. At least the rest of us wouldn't have to hear about it for the rest of our lives. I don't think there will ever be peace in either place.

Has far as disbanding Israel. Never happen. Big pipe dream. The only way Israel will go down is under attack, and I don't think any of us wants that.
I believe you could write of Damascus, Ciaro and Bagdad. Maybe even Riyad. They'd be nuclear wastelands.

Yeah, sell'em all bullets and make money off'em, just kidding. Sir Taliesin your Vols (John D. gags as he types) play here in Tuscaloosa in November, 23rd I believe. If you come to the game I'll be selling Alabama souviners out side of the stadium at Rama Jama's.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-07-2001, 06:11 AM   #25
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by John D Harris:
Yeah, sell'em all bullets and make money off'em, just kidding. Sir Taliesin your Vols (John D. gags as he types) play here in Tuscaloosa in November, 23rd I believe. If you come to the game I'll be selling Alabama souviners out side of the stadium at Rama Jama's.

I can't read crimson - I'm colour blind.

I've been to Tuscaloosa - I think it was closed.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Don't mention the score - I mentioned it but I think I got away with it!
Old 09-07-2001, 02:30 PM   #26
Dramnek_Ulk

Well then if the Palestinians first moved there in 650 ad and isreal was founded in 1949 that means Palestinians lived there for about 1299 years. IF the Arabs did live there and constituted an etnic majority, during that time that is probably enough to claim rightful ownership of the land. And the basic premise remains that israel uses ethnic cleansing and other evil methods to ensure a jewish majority in "their" lands

Old 09-07-2001, 02:46 PM   #27
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
And it's rigid opinions like these that make these wars go on, and on, and on.
It's not a question of who's right or wrong; it's about people who have beomce so blinded they cannot compromise or listen to reason anymore.

Yes, exactly.
Old 09-07-2001, 02:53 PM   #28
Dramnek_Ulk

The Gross human rights abuses and injustices that israel creates makes a rigid opinion nesacerry, There cant really be any room for comprimise with people who commit crimes against humanity.

Old 09-07-2001, 02:57 PM   #29
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Well then if the Palestinians first moved there in 650 ad and isreal was founded in 1949 that means Palestinians lived there for about 1299 years. IF the Arabs did live there and constituted an etnic majority, during that time that is probably enough to claim rightful ownership of the land. And the basic premise remains that israel uses ethnic cleansing and other evil methods to ensure a jewish majority in "their" lands
The Israelis don't see it that way.

Don't think I condone their actions: I don't. But neither do I condone the actions of the Palestinians.

The fact remains that BOTH claim ownership of the land and BOTH have justification (in their own eyes) for doing so.

There are only two ways of solving the problem: mayhem or talk.
They will almost certainly finish up talking and reaching a compromise solution because neither side wishes to be seen as the pariah by the other nations.

But they can't bring themselves to do it at the moment because they are afraid of losing 'face' with their nationals. Consequently, the pointless, idiotic deaths go on... and on...

------------------

Old 09-07-2001, 03:03 PM   #30
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
The Gross human rights abuses and injustices that israel creates makes a rigid opinion nesacerry, There cant really be any room for comprimise with people who commit crimes against humanity.
And the Palestinians aren't, Dramnek? They are no whitewashed angels either.
Compromise is ALWAYS possible. There are Jews living in Germany to this day. There are Japanese living in America/Americans in Japan. There are trade agreements and alliences with former sworn enemies throughout human history.

Compromise is ESSENTIAL, regardless of crimes against each other by ANY nations. The whole world and his dog would be dead by now if we didn't have compromise.

------------------