Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-04-2003, 09:47 AM   #11
Son of Osiris

Quote:
Originally posted by Dragonshadow:
Does anyone know how to get rid of spam mail from your e-mail thing, if you know what I mean, cos I'm getting a lot of irrelivent stuff, and it's annoying.
DS
Eh, don't worry about it. I heard the boys in the White House are working on a solution to that same problem. They finally relize that Spammers need to get Floor lamps jammed where the sun don't shine!

Old 08-04-2003, 06:58 PM   #12
AzRaeL StoRmBlaDe
Hathor

www.donotcall.gov is a good way to stop telemarketers but as far as email. Your guess is as good as mine. I have to check my mailbox like every week otherwise it will completely fill with junk mail.
Old 08-04-2003, 07:01 PM   #13
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by The Whackmiester:
Eh, don't worry about it. I heard the boys in the White House are working on a solution to that same problem. They finally relize that Spammers need to get Floor lamps jammed where the sun don't shine!
Not too soon! If I get another email about "inches bring confidence" or "see Christie (deleted on purpose)", I'm going to vomit. [img]graemlins/repuke.gif[/img] However, who trusts the government to be able to stop anything that happens over the internet? Do you really think they can stop these people, when all they have to do is switch to another site and start spamming again?

However, I do have Hotmail, and the best thing I ever did was set the filter to maximum. You definitely need to follow Aelia Jusa's suggestion and keep it for a week. I have weeded out most of my spam mail now. I just take a weekly jaunt to the spam folder, read the titles, laugh out lound, and empty the folder. [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Occasionally, you get stuff in there that is legitimate that you want to keep; you just choose to designate it as "safe mail", and it will land in your inbox after that. Very useful.

I heard that you can forward spam mail to the FCC, as well. I don't know the address off hand, though.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin