Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-09-2003, 11:01 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

Soo...anyone out there played this game?

ive heard a lot about it, but since i dont have a playstation and never intend to get one id be restricted to getting the ones available on PC.

would playing only the pc ones make me 'lost' as to the whole plot? or is there enough 'evidence' in each game for someone whos not played any of the others to know whats going on?

also, anyone have the PC ones and be willing to sell them to me?
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:33 PM   #2
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Ummm.... not to sound rude, but where have you been your entire life? Final Fantasy has been around since the early 90's. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Anyways That depends on which Final Fantasies you are refering to. Are you talking about the MMORPG version?

Oh wait nevermind I think I figured out your question. Well, despite the massive library of FF titles out there, almost all of them are their own individual storyline. You could pick up FF3 and play it after playing FF8 and it wouldn't make the slightest difference in understanding of the game.

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Firestormalpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:43 PM   #3
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

hehe yea, ive always used to avoid it since i wasnt so much entertained by the battle system i found that it incorperated.
But...since there is really absolutely nothing better to do...and im bored to death just siting here...i decided id try it.

soo anyone got it for sale? PC versions only, and no not the online one (no way in hell im playing another one of those!...atleast anytime soon)
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 11:56 PM   #4
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Well I don't have any of the PC versions. Perhaps you might try ebay if board members don't have a copy they would be willing to part with. I only know about FFVII, and FFVIII on PC. There may be more, but I don't know about them.

Old 11-09-2003, 11:56 PM   #5
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Bah, you people just don't want to understand it. I've played Tactics, FF1, and FF7-9 and I always understood the storyline offhand [img]tongue.gif[/img]

There are ones you can get on Pc, either that or you can just rip them onto a cd like one of my friends did and no they don't have multiplayer.
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 12:07 AM   #6
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Gangrell chill out and reread the posts carefully before replying. Skimming can be a bad habit at times. I'm pretty sure I conveyed effectively the message that the games could easily be understood individually.

You think you have a history with Final Fantasy? Tactics, FF1, and FF7-9, bah, that's chump-change. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I've got
NES:
Final Fantasy (the original)

SNES:
Final Fantasy 2-6 (played em all, not exactly by legit ownership, but that's history and I don't download "stuff" anymore)

PSX:
Final Fantasy Tactics
Final Fantasy 7-9
Final Fantasy Chronicles (FF4 and Chrono Trigger)
Final Fantasy Anthology (FF5 and FF6)
Final Fantasy Origins (FFO, and FF2{NES})

Gameboy:
Final Fantasy Adventure
Final Fantasy Legend 3 (didn't like 1-2 so I never REALLY played them)

PS2:
FFX

heehee

Old 11-10-2003, 01:16 AM   #7
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I know there are lots of FF roms out there... I'd post links but you can never really tell whether they're credible enough... the one's i've seen that have had the biggest impact were FF2, and FF7. As for the online one... *shrug*
Old 11-10-2003, 01:47 AM   #8
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

/)eathKiller, I could be wrong, but what you're talking about may be construed as contraban on these forums. Especially considering the high likelyhood that SquareEnix holds the license for those titles. Some Roms are not pirated copies and are now public domain, but not most of the major titles. If you have one on your computer without legally owning a copy then you broke the law, and AFAIK Choc would willingly eat your hard-drive over that.

Like I said, "I used to have them, but then I realized I was hurting one of my favorite gaming companies."

Old 11-10-2003, 09:26 AM   #9
cloud ff7 38
User suspended until [Nov26]

yeah blades really where have you been that you think no one has played the ff games? Its my favorite game series. I have play all the one I can find over and over again they never ever get old too me.
cloud ff7 38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 10:29 AM   #10
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

Question Mark

Quote:
Originally posted by /)eathKiller:
I know there are lots of FF roms out there... I'd post links but you can never really tell whether they're credible enough... the one's i've seen that have had the biggest impact were FF2, and FF7. As for the online one... *shrug*
fyi fsa, dk never said he had them. he said he could find links to them but one "could not tell if they are credible." he never said he had them, he said the one's he's seen. since he is a paying music downloader i doubt he has these on his machine, or if he does they were probably down loaded a long time ago.

also choc (or ziroc) doesn't care one bit what is on our hard drives, he cares what we discuss. since dk did not say "hey i have a few let me upload them to you!" i'm sure neither care.