Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2001, 08:35 AM   #1
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

Books for a spell or other can be found or bought - can they be used to learn a new spell? Is there any way to learn a spell other than through level increase?
Thamrys Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 08:54 AM   #2
Fantaghiro
Dungeon Master

Yes, using books is the quickest (and most expensive!) way to fill up your characters' spellbooks. When you find a book, if you have a character with the appropriate school of magic that doesn't have the spell, put it in that character's inventory, right-click on it, and the Invoke button will appear. Click it, and that character has the spell. So then you can work out which spells each character needs, and check out the shops. The higher the level, the more $! If none of your characters need the spell and won't need it in the future, just sell it.
Fantaghiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 09:33 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Note: You can learn only those spells from books that belongs to the magic schools available to your current role. Examples: Paladin - only Spirit spells, Ranger - only Vine spells, Warlock - all spells, Barbarian - no spells, etc.
On the other hand, you can learn ANY spell when leveling up. If the spell belongs to the school available to your role, then you can learn spells up to level min(school_skill,your_level), if it does not then you can learn up to level min(school_skill/2,your_level). School_skill means Spiritcraft, etc.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 09:44 AM   #4
Thamrys Greybeard
Dungeon Master

Great! Thank you.
Thamrys Greybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:11 AM   #5
Elcid
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Does anybody have more information about buying spells?
Is the availability of spell books dependent on the guild level? The Char level? Are there many more spells to buy in Brimloch Roon (where I haven't been yet)?

Where do I find spellbooks as treasure? I found some in the Serpent Temple but the spells were either just boring or I had them already...
Elcid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2001, 10:20 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Elcid -

Treasure is rather random. I don't know of any area where you are more likely to find a spell book than another (always was rather rare in my own games and were always spells I had). Better to raise some $ and watch for them in the guild stores!

Wyv

(think there was another thread on this - will have to go searching)
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote