Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2006, 06:56 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Well guys, the day is approching FAST, and finally the new hak I have poured my life into for over a year now is soon to be out-THIS MONTH and early. No more delays. no worries.

What I am mainly waiting for now is the NWN patch to be released. See, I have the hak patched with NWN v1.67 content fixes and data, and cannot release it till all clients are v1.67.

Rumors are that the patch comes out next week! If so, expect a fast test on the final patch which should take 1-2 days, then will be released!

So, Since I have some 'extra' time, what new tileset areas would you like to see? Or other things? No feats, or any player changes though. I want to focus on adding extra tileset pieces, weapon models or placeables..

Any ideas?

[ 05-01-2006, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 09:56 AM   #2
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Not so much new weapon models, but how about more monk weaponry. Shurikens, kamas, etc. There is a frighteningly limited amount of such stuff available.

I want a beach...which I guess may be possible with the patch though, maybe?
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:01 AM   #3
Legolas
Jack Burton

Hmm.. tilesets... Do we have a city of glass yet?

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 10:10 AM   #4
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

*grins at ya* An April release, eh? (Proving I Am Canadian.) works for me. *highfives you*

we can afford to wait a few more weeks. we have been waiting a year AND we are still here. (unless we are at work, but I check the website from work too.) I have not taken an indepth look as to what patch 1.67 is supposed to give to us. I should take a look at that post I believe you or T-D-C put up a few weeks ago.

now, tileset areas? I wouldn't mind a jungle set, but that is unlikely given the ecology of Faerun in that area. Perhaps an offshoot area that was an old mine? I think it'd be possible to have one connected between the Melairkyn Great Halls and mayhaps somewhere "isolated" on Level Nine? It'd give you a chance to throw down a whole host of new stuff you have been testing out undoubtedly. I also think a new area off of the Tradeways would be cool. More like open fields with a few terrifyingly tall trees. I just happen to like the way the trees look. And a mountain range. Yeah, a mountain range would be nice - one above ground, one below ground. (What can I say? I AM crazy.) The ice cave area... larger? Heck, both ice areas I would love to see increases in. Are there tilesets which are caves and tunnels coated in ice, or does that require redoing the sections with reskinning?

Weapon models... I have a feeling you have plenty you haven't even touched yet in the new hackpak. Some new kukri wouldn't be bad, mayhaps a voulge and a couple styles of naginata. Another set of nunchaku wouldn't be bad either, but that's just me being greedy. Bleeding and plasma weapons would be kind of sweet as well. A few new styles of all the weapons would be sweet.

As for placeables - I would love an outdoor café. You know, someplace to sip on Moonsea lattés between striking against demons or trolls. Maybe a few artistic portraits in some of the rooms. Just a little more flavour, really. And to be honest, I'm usually too busy worrying about things trying to eat my face than the scenery. Though around the dragon lairs a few more piles of anonymous skeletons might be appropriate. A throne of bones for some of the higher villains. Things an Evil Lair(R) should possess.

Quote:
From the always quotable (and usually right) robertthebard:

Not so much new weapon models, but how about more monk weaponry. Shurikens, kamas, etc. There is a frighteningly limited amount of such stuff available.

I want a beach...which I guess may be possible with the patch though, maybe?
Good points. I know I have seen some really great boots for the monks, but as for weapons there are not a lot of things just for them alone. Normally you have to go and find fighter or cleric devices to make due. Not that I haven't seen some pretty nice monk builds considering, but a couple new works for monks wouldn't be a bad idea. Heck, before anything that I suggested I would like those. Monks seem to have received the shorter end of the stick in the module. (Might be due to the number of builds that allow the monks to access other items.)

As for a beach, I have seen rudimentary beaches in a few different online modules I have played in previously. I know I have seen crabs. Baby ones, regular size, and giant ones. Other sea creatures I have not seen, however. Those were probably introduced in the Pirates Of The Sword Coast. I am sure there were a few others created by others, though.

[ 04-01-2006, 11:03 AM: Message edited by: Mozenwrathe ]
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 11:17 AM   #5
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

All the crab models are CEP stuff. We have those in the other mod I play. We have an ice cave too, that's really a cave tileset, with ice overlay. No hak to do it either. Not really sure how it was done, but I'm due for my DM/Builder meeting sometime today, so I'll ask and see what it took.
Old 04-01-2006, 11:43 AM   #6
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

Don't know if you count this as a placeable but it would be useful to have some light armour and robes with damage reduction - just to help out the rogues and monks who can't use that nice dwarven heavy armour.

Enhanced, keen Kamas would be great too though I wonder if that might make Monk based builds too powerful.

Bigger and better maces than the drow fire and hellfire varieties would be very, very useful but that's only my personal preference in weaponry.

And if we do get a beach some shades would be handy.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 12:58 PM   #7
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Not to mention a couple of appropriate hotties...Not Misty...
Old 04-01-2006, 05:45 PM   #8
Greything
Drizzt Do'Urden

The ladies in the Yawning Portal. Mistresses of Pain on level 12.

Some people are never satisfied.
Greything is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2006, 06:45 PM   #9
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

...er, one of the "ladies" in the Yawning Portal is Misty...I've seen the headstones...
Old 04-01-2006, 07:27 PM   #10
Tomin
Dungeon Master

I think a metalic tileset for a level for the Metal Wizard's rogue constructs would be great!
Tomin is offline   Reply With Quote