Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 AM   #21
Target
Red Dragon

Just seen Bob’s wife on Sky news saying she didn't think he would commit suicide.

And a HUGE well done to Ireland on reaching the super 8!!! It was only a matter of time until one of crickets smaller teams made it. This can only help the game.

If you can keep your head when all around are loosing theirs...you probably haven’t grasped the situation!!
Target is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 07:20 AM   #22
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Congrats to Ireland. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/drinkup.gif[/img]

Watching their progress with interest...
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Sever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:43 AM   #23
Lanesra
Symbol of Cyric

Oy Vey!

Scotland are 83 for 8 against the Dutch! Holland eally excel on those flat pitches!
Lanesra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 05:59 PM   #24
wellard
Dracolisk

And Holland win against the haggis munching skirt wearing Scots

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 08:27 PM   #25
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Confirmation - Bob Woolmer was murdered. He died via asphyxiation from manual strangulation.

I listened to the press conference in Jamaica where it was announced that the case was now a homicide and that Bob died of manual strangulation.

Quote:
Manner of death revealed

Woolmer died of strangulation

Cricinfo staff

March 22, 2007

The death of Bob Woolmer is now being treated as a murder case. During a press conference in Jamaica it was revealed that he did of asphyxiation by manual strangulation. Post mortem results show that Woolmer was strangled.

"We have a lot of line of inquiry but there are no suspects," said Mark Shields, Jamaica's deputy commissioner of police who is now heading the police investigation. He addressed the press conference along with Malcolm Speed and Chris Dehring, Managing Director and Chief Executive Officer of Windies World Cup 2007.

More to follow ...

© Cricinfo

" target="_blank">http://content-usa.cricinfo.com/wc20...ry/286794.html

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #26
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Apparently we won one, even though it didn't matter anymore. So what does beating Scotland mean in the world of cricket ? Is this an upset ? Or is Scotland one of the lesser Commonwealth teams ?
Old 03-22-2007, 09:24 PM   #27
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Lanesra:
Oy Vey!

Scotland are 83 for 8 against the Dutch! Holland eally excel on those flat pitches!
Did your brother enjoy his trip to Eindhoven ? It was right during carnaval festivities, so he must have been able to come back home with a collection of rare idiotic hats and stuff. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 11:27 PM   #28
wellard
Dracolisk

It is a good win Johnny though scotland are not rated that highly. But with the pakistan coaches murder the world cup is now a sideshow.

What gets me is that the police now confirm strangulation. How the hell did it take so many days to come up with that, the killer has had too much time to hide his tracks. This has been incompetantly handled.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 11:39 PM   #29
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by wellard:
It is a good win Johnny though scotland are not rated that highly. But with the pakistan coaches murder the world cup is now a sideshow.

What gets me is that the police now confirm strangulation. How the hell did it take so many days to come up with that, the killer has had too much time to hide his tracks. This has been incompetantly handled.
I know i could look this up googling for it, but were the Dutch completely helpless against the Aussies, or did they at least put up a fight ?

Still strange that a team that represents our country on a worldstage doesn't, or hardly gets any recognition. My info regarding the game against the Scots comes directly from the BBC, no program on Dutch television thought it was worth mentioning apparently, friggin shame.

So who are the big favourites for the crown ? Australia ? South Africa perhaps ? Or is this a game where being the best is no garantee at all, kinda like in football ? Fill me in guys, i'm willing to learn. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 03-22-2007, 11:43 PM   #30
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
On a sidenote...lets hope this murder doesn't have anything to do with religeon, that would be devastating for sports in general. It's bad enough as it is already.