Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2003, 10:49 AM   #1
Mordenheim
Elminster

Is there enough fun in playing NWN single player and then playing some single player mod's? I just can't due to time get wrapped up into online play. Before I purchase it I just want to make sure it is worth it.
Mordenheim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 01:34 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Yes, there are more than enough third party mods created that will keep you happy for a long while. Some can only be played with certain patch versions, I think...so maybe get an older patch, play all the games that can only be played with that patch, then upgrade and play all those games! It's a neverending loop, I think. More and more mods will be built, and maybe you'll wanna build some on your own after a while.
Old 03-18-2003, 01:42 PM   #3
Mordenheim
Elminster

well thank you for the answer
Old 03-18-2003, 11:26 PM   #4
koconnor100
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Mordenheim:
Is there enough fun in playing NWN single player and then playing some single player mod's? I just can't due to time get wrapped up into online play. Before I purchase it I just want to make sure it is worth it.
Most online play generally sucks, is my experiance.

People have introduced hack packs and totally changed the rules from one place to another, you really have no idea what's going on half the time, one guy kept rebooting his server every 30 minutes, it can be terrible.

Online play works great if you get a group together to play through, and you host it at a certain time. Then it will work great. Otherwise, you're better off downloading and playing modules as a single player stand alone.

Just an opinion.

One generated after burning a few fingers though.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:04 AM   #5
Mordenheim
Elminster

I mostly play single player anyway. Cheaters , Hackers, just plain children do not make a enjoyable time for me.

Anyway, I wen't out and bought it last night. It is installed. I will start the sp game today and after find some good sp mods