Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2001, 06:46 PM   #1
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm currently in the southeastern corner of the crypt. I entered a large hall with several pillars and met a lot of graveyard skeletons and a couple of crypt lords there. On to the south there are 3 doors and one to the east leading somewhere, but I just can't find anything to open them with. What is that place? What am I supposed to do there?

I might take a visit to the city anyway, got too much stuff on me, and here I worried about picking up enough items.

//Naw
naw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2001, 07:18 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Naw!!

Check the dark alcoves on the opposite side from each of the doors and you should find a lever or button or some such that will open those doors. The Spirit of Rumphy is beyond one of the doors and is very good for getting experience as he will regenerate if you return to the Statue of Kerah and say Santus Kerah.

Hope that gets you moving again!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 06:39 AM   #3
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Wyvern:
Hi Naw!!

Check the dark alcoves on the opposite side from each of the doors and you should find a lever or button or some such that will open those doors. The Spirit of Rumphy is beyond one of the doors and is very good for getting experience as he will regenerate if you return to the Statue of Kerah and say Santus Kerah.

Hope that gets you moving again!

Wyv
I assume something can be seen in those dark alcoves if one isn't using OpenGL? The pics of the game I have seen don't seem to correspond the reality at all. Casting torchlight doesn't seem do anything (with sorcery at 3), I've upped gamma as high as possible, but dark is still... well... black. I'll try to get Illumination, have to run back to town to identify stuff anyway. I hope the dungeon doesn't reset somehow.

//Naw
Old 07-11-2001, 08:26 AM   #4
Radek
Red Dragon

I know the problem... Torchlight is useless. Illuminate helps a bit. Until you gain Illuminate: Activate the map and position your guys to the centre of the alclove. Your action window will be completely black. Move your mouse from one side of the screen to the opposite side in different heights. At one moment, the cursor changes to a blue circle. Click.
Each alclove contains 1 lever. The lever left from the burial ground with skeletons and a bone lord opens the way to an ordinary chest. The lever to the right opens the way to Rumphy.
Radek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2001, 10:16 AM   #5
naw
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It seems that torchlight lits the area only about 2 inches away from you. I ran up to the wall and found the lever that way.

Been doing the ghost several times now, my only source of money so I can join all the guilds. I realized I don't want to go meet Scabban before all my characters can get that guest.

I now have around 9000 coins, which will all go joining various guilds. Have to dig out the information which roles allow access to which guilds before I do anything silly.

Thanks for the help here, I was getting quite frustrated at not seeing anything. Nowadays I have Illuminate spell and it helps _a lot_.

//Naw