Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2002, 06:13 PM   #1
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Ok, I think I am done...well, at least it's working in IWD...until the hoard of Minotaurs whiped me out...!

Anyone want to try my sword and give me feeback?

The sword is based on Michael Moorcock's Elric series...The Sword Stormbringer, Stealer of Souls

Since IWD does NOT have anything like Vimpiric Touch or level drain, I used The Life Giver, two handed sword +4 as a template and Hell's Bane(?) for pictures....giving it damage each round...1d12, +6...

I really would welcome some feed back as to making the sword more accurate....

[ 04-18-2002, 06:18 PM: Message edited by: Tanoch Thas'ala ]
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 09:40 PM   #2
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Hey hey Hey!!!! My uncle's has already created StormBringer and it ain't not life stealer...from what he told me.He said that it is a vorpal blade he got in during a D&D game.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
SomeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 10:07 PM   #3
Azred
Drow Priestess

hmmm.... perhaps if you were to e-mail your sword to someone, that person might be able to take a look at it. That person might not know what powers the original sword possesses, but you're only going to be able to get so close....

Just a thought.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2002, 10:10 PM   #4
dragonwolf
Dungeon Master

that would be an awesome blade to use during the game
dragonwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 01:16 AM   #5
The Merciful
The Magister

Well, if you are going to staty true to the books, Strombringer is probably too strong to be fun to use. We are talking about a sword that kills an earthly representation of a goddess with a single blow! Anyways, the strenght of the sword and more importantly the benefits it gives to its user (strenght, contutuition, perhaps dexterity too) should be dependent on how many sould it has drank resently. Remember that Stormbringer was what practically kept Elric alive.
Old 04-19-2002, 02:34 AM   #6
Tanoch Thas'ala
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by The Merciful:
Well, if you are going to staty true to the books, Strombringer is probably too strong to be fun to use. We are talking about a sword that kills an earthly representation of a goddess with a single blow! Anyways, the strenght of the sword and more importantly the benefits it gives to its user (strenght, contutuition, perhaps dexterity too) should be dependent on how many sould it has drank resently. Remember that Stormbringer was what practically kept Elric alive.
Yeah, Stormbringer and Mournblade were crated to kill gods and bring about the end of Elric's World, they were created to not only kill the earthly presence but the god as a being in it own realm as well...However, there isn't anything in Icewind Dale's AD&D rules that will allow th ekind of powers that Stormbringer posesses, hence I used Life Giver as a template...

Someguy, if it isn't a stealer of souls, it isn't Stormbringer.

Azred, I'd be happy to email it to anyone who wants it..That was the reason for my post..I couldn't jsut start emailing it out, I had to find out if anyone was interested..
Tanoch Thas'ala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 04:59 PM   #7
stephenwil
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i would be happy to try and use it. I have been trying to learn how to make items for a long time now and i would like to look at someone elses item to study it and find out how it works. so it you wouldnt mind would you email me the stormbringer??
my email is stephenwil2004@excite.com
stephenwil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 05:05 PM   #8
SomeGuy
Unicorn

hmmmmmmmmm well then.My uncle said that when he got stormbringer this is what it was.He was walking along the coast yada yada and then he found a sword.And some purple or black mist came along and swalloed him up he was brought to some evil land and he started being attacked by all these ghastes and undead and vampires and zobies and ghouls and you get the idea.he was all bloody and stuff and he knelt down and started praying to the paladin god torm(remember this is a D&D game not real life.)and torm reached down and touched him and the sword which was two handed sword and he was healed and his was Stormbringer and all this rain,hail,lighting,thunder,and other things caused by storms were coming down and the sword had two sides that could come apart and snap someone in 2 so in other words it was a vorpel blade.I don't remember him saying anything about it being a life stealer.Maybe there are different stormbringers out there who knows.hmmmmmmmmmmm
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 04-19-2002, 05:54 PM   #9
Azred
Drow Priestess

Or perhaps that DM simply...appropriated...a really good name. [img]graemlins/petard.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2002, 05:59 PM   #10
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I doubt that