Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2005, 05:36 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: As with part II - "Because the last thread is getting to large, please continue from where we left off here."
---

A Summary of Events

The Adventure began with the group meeting within a tavern and embarking upon a quest to regain their lost memories and as to why they, and everyone else of them in known radius were stripped of them.

After travelling first to the local temple and meeting a mysterious robed figure who pointed them in the direction of an enchanted forest, the group made their way to a grove, where within, an ancient, sentient tree dwelt. Seeking answers, but finding only more questions, they were pointed in the direction of a mountain, where supposedly, the caster of the spell dwelt. Leaving with gifts from the great tree, Aln'aeor bid them farewell, and the party continued.

Reaching a clearing, they met their latest companion after battling first shadow wolves, and then shocker lizards. They were to be only the first of a series of fierce battles and as they reached the foot of the mountain and began to ascend, they were met by an onslaught of enemies, ranging from goblins to giant mountain rocs. During the last such encounter, Aeriah and Fai became separated from the rest of the group, and the pass they were in, collapsed.

~~~

Having fallen an immeasurable distance, the pair landed within a cave, relatively unharmed, at least outwardly, whilst, outside, the others fled; Drusalia and Verrion towards the forest, and Able and Artlem, towards the cliffs. Momentarily, they all escaped their assailants.

However, despite this, Aeriah was wounded – having suffered a chance strike to the skull, he, in an ironic twist of fate, lost his memories of the past three weeks/month and a bit, and suffered a form of ‘reverse amnesia’, regaining his former memories and personality – the being known as “Aeriah” lying dormant within him, lost, seemingly forever. The being that arose – Galein – by name, turned out to be an elven prince in exile; the true last heir to the throne. Visited with what had occurred, Galein confirmed Aeriah’s suspicions; that it was, indeed, he, who had ordered the spell cast in a last desperate attempt to save his people from slaughtering one another. It was also revealed, that Galein had a darker side within him; a taint that ran deep within his family.

Journeying to reach their fellow adventurers, Galein and Fai set off – and came upon a statue buried deep within one of the caves. As they entered the room, the statue came to life, revealing certain knowledges to the pair, though abet cryptically. Gifting them with a quarterstaff and the fabled robes of Galein’s ancestors respectively, the pair set off again, and came upon their companions.

In an outburst, upon seeing them safe, Jena declared her love for Aeriah, and embraced him, throwing her arms around him. Galein’s resolve to keep his identify hidden crumbled, and he drew Jena away, leading her to a secluded spot, where upon, he revealed all to her. Almost all. Heartbroken about losing the man she loved, Jena wished to be alone, and Galein, feeling the weight of her sorrow, burdened with guilt and grief-stricken that this should come to pass, set off, once more, into the darkness alone…

…And thus, the adventure continues…

---
OOC:
To quote the footer of part II; “Again, a note on posting styles:
Please don't use any ghastly or bright font colours - as for my own style, I post text in silver, thoughts in italics, and Aeriah's speech/text in green. Other characters get other colours for speech. Kyr's speech is in this for example. Varying colours may include gold
Also, please try not to use too dark a colour either, as black is quite hard to read, especially against brown. Avoiding conflicting colours is also good. Oh finally, please don't use colours other characters use for speech - it makes life easier.”
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:39 PM   #2
TheMuse
Dungeon Master

Jena 33/36

She spoke not another word to Galein. She did, however, listen to what he had to say. She could not help but feel guilty: what had she done to make this happen? She had allowed herself to become vulnerable: love had a tendency to do that. Her defenses being more weak than they ever were before, Jena sat in silence as she watched the elf walk into the corridor.

She pulled her knees to her chest and sobbed once again. How would she be able to face the others in this condition? How would she be able to face them at all? Jena knew that she was the type to wear her heart on her sleeve, and everyone else would immediately know what was up. Jena was beyond just being uncomfortable: she was physically and mentally weak, and her emotions were out of whack.

Silently she reached inside her shirt and grasped the item around her neck. It seemed to emit a warm glow, and Jena closed her eyes and sobbed.

After several moments, she violently grasped the object in her hand and tore it from her neck. Angrily she threw it against the wall of the corridor. It bounced off and landed with a loud clink to the ground.

Amulet of true emotions, indeed. Jena thought to herself.

She stood, and stormed out of the corridor with her hands over her face, sobbing, a mixture of anger, sadness, and raging passion and desire: a rather complex, confused state. She ran past the others into whatever lay before her, and she ran, and ran, until she was certain she was alone. Silently she breathed deeply, attempting to catch her breath, and she placed her hands on her knees in a forward position, and once again the crying began, only this time it was uncontrolable, unstoppable and overwhelming.

[ 02-07-2005, 05:42 PM: Message edited by: TheMuse ]
TheMuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 05:42 PM   #3
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

OOC: Just to clarrify - none of you know Galein has left Jena - as he took her a fair ways into the tunnel and took pains to make sure that no one could see, or hear, what was said. After ten minutes though, you'll notice that neither of them come back. Or at least, Galein doesn't. Kyr will also be a source of information about her master's location.
Edit: disregard that part about Jena not coming back.

[ 02-07-2005, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]
Old 02-07-2005, 05:51 PM   #4
Saliarasri
The Magister

Fairioni 27/27

Fairioni blinks as Kyr tugs on her ear "Fairioni, 'Galein' hasn't returned yet."
Fairioni narrows her eyes as she slightly nods, trying not to displace Kyr. "Excuse me, I need to go check on him.." she says as she looks at Jena, sighing 'I was afraid that might happen.... and he probably feels quilty.'

Fairioni walks, then trips over Jena's amulet as she looks at it.. 'Jena's amulett..' and puts it up in her pack, to give back to her later as Kyr directs her towards Galein, Fairioni calling out "Galein? What's wrong?"

[ 02-07-2005, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Saliarasri ]
Saliarasri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2005, 06:03 PM   #5
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Only silence and darkness met Fai - for Galein was long since gone. Not even the tracks from his boot remained within the caveway halls. It seemed to all outward appearances, he had left.

~~~

Somewhere, deep within the cave network, near the river where he had originally awoken, Galein sat thinking, upon a rock. Having run for the last five minutes, he had been careful to mask his tracks. All he could think of was Jena's tearful vissage and just how much he had hurt her. He had been a fool to suggest that he may have eventually filled in Aeriah's place. He had been a fool to hope... that she might accept him. He knew what he was; and his being was tainted by a darkness that ran through his veins.

Words arose within his mind; telling him to stop dwelling in self pity and that his heart was pure. The words of the ancient statue from times long past haunted him, the memory as real as it had been then. Closing his eyes, Galein bowed his head and wept, finally allowing himself to succumb to tears...
Old 02-07-2005, 06:33 PM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Fairioni looks at Kyr with a helpless shrug "This isn't any help... "
"I wonder where he is..." mused the little pixie, "Now, if I were Aeri- Galein, where would I have gone...? Do you think they had a fight? Jena was crying... I don't think so... Galein seems... more grief and guilt stricken then angry, though, he is angry... at himself. That much, I can sense." Kyr whispered, and then added, "But shh, he doesn't want the others to know, remember?"

Fairioni nods, although they aren't really near the others "I wasn't going to tell them.." as she sighs "I wish I could help.. but in any case, we need to find Galein."
Kyr frowned, "Perhaps... I wonder if he's near that statue... or where the river is? If I was him, I'd want to be somewhere alone, I think..."
Fairioni nods "Let me try the river..." as she slightly lights up with her staff to lead the way, sighing.
"Well, we need only follow the way we came... and there were no other ways...so..."

With that, Kyr settled down and perched on Fai's shoulder. Fai smiles at Kyr as she walks, then concentrates on walking the path

After about fifteen minutes, Fai and Kyr finally stumbled upon the cave where the statue had been, and after seeing Galein was not there, headed towards the river...

~~~

Meanwhile, Galein sat brooding and to his surprise, Thhiro placed her head on her lap, the sabretooth-snowlion having crept up upon the elf. Mewing softly, she licked his hand, causing the elf to stare in disgust and then smile a little. Sighing, he hugged the great cat tightly and wept into her fur for a moment. Then he sat back, sighed and commented, "I guess we'd probably be getting back to the others... they'll be wondering where I am..." Thhiro nodded in agreement, and took a few steps forward, sat back on her hunches and waited...

~~~

At the same time, Fai and Kyr broke through the last passageway into the large cave with the river running through it. To their joy, they had discovered Aeriah - well, Galein.

Fairioni nods "Thought I'd lost you for a second. Feeling any better?" Fairioni also greets Thhiro "Nice to see you too, Thhiro."
Thhiro smiled and dashed off into the caves before anyone could stop her.

Looking up with tired eyes, Galein asked softly, "Why did you come here?"

~~~

Jena was surprised to discover a large shadow pad slowly up to her – in the form of Thhiro. Pressing her head against the human girl’s chest and shoulder, she mewed piteously and did her best to comfort the girl.
Old 02-07-2005, 07:54 PM   #7
Saliarasri
The Magister

Fairioni blinks and smiles, a teasing tone, but a friendly teasing tone "I was checking on you, silly. We were sorta worried when you didn't return."

Galein looked up with an icy expression, matched only by the cold tone from his lips, "I thank you for your care. But I am beyond worrying for."
Kyr frowned and tugged on Fai's hair, muttering about how she'd never stand for Aeriah speaking such.

Fairioni nods as she repliies to Aeriah, her tone dropping to neutral again. "But you aren't. If you think so, then you're lost. Always remember, there are people who care for you despite what you may think. As your friend, I'm going to tell you that all will pass in time... you might be surprised at what turns the heart takes."

Fairioni looks at him and finishes "You are only truly lost and beyond care and love if you want to be, after all."

"Maybe I wish I was... maybe I do."

Fairioni hits head slightly ".. Why would you want to be?"

Looking up at her, his glass-green eyes were tired and red rimmed, "I have just broken a young girl's heart - and for what? I have denied her her love. I may have saved a kingdom, or at least bought it some time... and for what? For what? So I can forget my memories, fall in love and then break a girl's heart? It isn't right. It would have been better if I had never remembered who I was!" Galein's tone was sharp, almost taking on a vicious edge, though it was clear he blamed himself. Kyr remained silent.

Fairioni sweatdrops, slightly

Fairioni responds ".. Oi. Well, let me ask you something. When you got your memories back when we meet the dragon, would you be proud of letting her live in a lie? For that matter, do you think that just making people forget is right? You took the easy way, so to speak, and unintended consquencies pop up. A true leader works THROUGH this, not avoids it."

"I may have chosen not to regain my memories. Here, I had no choice. It seems, that not even magic is infalliable." Snorting in disgust, Galein continued, "What makes you think I'm such a leader?"

He blatently ignored the fact that for years he had protected his people as best he could, or at least, those who were around him.

Fairioni looks at him "Besides the fact you tried to protet your people? The fact that you're resolved to rebuild your kingdom and be a good ruler? One of them is this guilt you're experiencing now. It means that you take personal responsiblity.. something that might be a bad idea, but you do do it."

"I was never a ruler."

Turning away, Galein whispered, "I have never ruled; and for all I have acomplished, all I have done is break a young girl's heart, and many, many others. How many more have I caused pain? How many more were like Aeriah and Jena? How many more? All within the land! And for what? Perhaps our time is past. Perhaps it is folly to cling to distant dreams and memories. The power of the elves is gone! It was lost aeons past! Perhaps we were never meant to be rulers of the land! My family has descended into wickedness and decay! Slaughtered for being tyrants! Only I remain! Perhaps it would be for the best if my line died out."

Fairioni looks at him piteously "While it is true this happens, by giving up you merely ensure it will continue. It will get worse, and all the tyranny and opression of the humans who have taken the throne will go on. You are lettting evil triumph in your own inaction, because you deign to think that you are your family, that dreams past are gone. It's not true. Dreams past are gone only as you think tehy are. And you are not your family. You are Galien, and Galien only."

"I am still Galeriah'naroth and their era is over." Galein snapped back, though his tone was more subdued this time, the heat leaving it, if not the bitterness. "I may well become a tyrant... worse then any these lands have seen. All of my family, all of them have yeilded to the darkness in their viens... all of them. Since the sword was lost..." Pausing, he sighed, "If I am to rule... I will need to get it back."

Fairioni nods "And once we get the troll found, and the spell reversed, we should make that our next quest... but we need to get the task at hand done first."

"What makes you think that I will have the spell reversed now that I know what it is for?" asked Galein, his tone dark.

Fairioni sighs as she responds calmly "Wil ye, or nil ye, I'm getting it reversed. I don't about you, but I would have rather made the decision on my own."

"Very well." Galein replied softly, looking up and finally rising to his feet, somehow, looking determined, willful, and at the same time, still saddened. Somehow, he remined Fai a little bit of Aeriah.

Fairioni looks at him "Ready to go back?"
Saliarasri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2005, 07:52 AM   #8
TheMuse
Dungeon Master

Jena 33/36

"Thhiro!" Jena was as surprised as ever to discover the snowlion to appear so suddenly.

"How did you find me, girl? I thought I was well lost from everyone."

Jena glanced briefly at the snow lion through her puffy red eyes, and she wiped the tears from her face as she was finally able to control her sobbing.

"Oh, but that really doesn't matter: what does is that you are here now." It comforted Jena to have the snowlion beside her.

"I think after a little rest it'll be time for me to go, Thirro. Whatever my purpose was here, and I still haven't figured it out, is not worth what any of us have been going through. Call me a coward, but I cannot handle this. It's a cruel and terrible..." Jena's voice trailed and she yawned sleepily.

Jena was becoming homesick. She was mentally, emotionally, and physically weak.

I'll just rest her for a few minutes, and when I wake I'm going to go and search for a way home.

Jena laid on her back and rested her head against Thhiro's belly. She closed her eyes and allowed herself a few moments rest.

[ 02-08-2005, 09:02 AM: Message edited by: TheMuse ]
Old 02-08-2005, 10:27 AM   #9
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Thhiro purred and gently prodded Jena with her forepaw, rubbing her fur against her face... it was wet, though the dampness was warm, and as the lion rubbed it against her lips and nose, Jena found herself wanting to sneeze. It was salty, though, it was definately not her own tears...

The lion purred again and let the girl rest for a few moments, before prodding her again, demanding that she got up.
Old 02-08-2005, 10:40 AM   #10
TheMuse
Dungeon Master

Jena 33/36

Jena fought Thhiro's urge to rise. "I'm too tired, girl. My energy has been drained."

All Jena seemed to want to do was curl up in a ball and fall asleep. She felt a weariness settle in.