Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-18-2002, 01:45 AM   #1
Andrew Mcveigh
Drow Warrior

i just got back from seeing the movie signs. i didn't really want to see it but my family dragged me along. i'm glad i went, it was awesome! i highly recommend you all see it sometime. that's all i have to say.
Old 08-19-2002, 12:50 AM   #2
The Ornery One
Drow Warrior

It was better then I expected, too. My older sister and her son were huddled together through most of it and my son (3 years younger then her's) was barely scared except when the audience screamed. What made it so heart pounding was not really knowing what the aliens were there for.
Old 08-19-2002, 11:06 PM   #3
Gazza
Banned User

I just watched Signs and while it wasn't too bad it certainly wasn't great but at least it was better than M.Night Shyamalan's last movie. Unbreakable was a real disappointment after The Sixth Sense.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 09:54 AM   #4
KAR_MOD1
Drow Warrior

i was sort of dissapointed in how the aliens were turned back so easily.. it took them so long to form an army and come over here by ship, that they only stayed for 1 battle and then left. no immediate attACK following the first or a second attack. i dont get what they meant by "HARVESTING THE HUMANS" at first i thought they were going to eat us but then i thought, we are made of what 80% of water? (wrong i know) that would instantly kill them. so what did they mean by that?

[ 08-30-2002, 09:55 AM: Message edited by: KAR_MOD1 ]
Old 08-30-2002, 10:21 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Good-natured critism ahead.

What my friends and I want to know is, who was the smartass alien who told his superiors to attack Earth? A planet whose surface is 70% water, and has high humidity in the atmosphere.

"Oooo! The planet is called Earth, so it must a dry planet right? We are so technologically advanced, but let us not scan the planet for potentially harmful liquid substances that might melt us."

Okay, okay. Maybe that was not how the conversation went, but good lord, whoever is their Intel is in deep doo-doo now. Despite this, we enjoyed the movie very much.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2002, 10:53 AM   #6
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by KAR_MOD1:
i was sort of dissapointed in how the aliens were turned back so easily.. it took them so long to form an army and come over here by ship, that they only stayed for 1 battle and then left. no immediate attACK following the first or a second attack. i dont get what they meant by "HARVESTING THE HUMANS" at first i thought they were going to eat us but then i thought, we are made of what 80% of water? (wrong i know) that would instantly kill them. so what did they mean by that?
Well, fatty meat makes the best jerky, and most humans have a pretty high fat content. Human jerky must be a prized delicacy for their race

[ 08-30-2002, 10:54 AM: Message edited by: Rokenn ]
Old 08-30-2002, 11:19 AM   #7
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Actually, me and my friends have a theory as to why they want humans. They need a species that is not adverse to water to work as slaves on extremely humid places.
Old 08-30-2002, 05:34 PM   #8
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Actually, me and my friends have a theory as to why they want humans. They need a species that is not adverse to water to work as slaves on extremely humid places.
That actually makes sense.
Old 09-01-2002, 05:05 PM   #9
AndyG
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
The problem with this is that they killed the humans before they took them. At the end there, the alien was using poison gas on Morgan.

I saw it with my mother, and we discussed it driving home. We, too, wondered what aliens with serious reactions to water would want with human bodies.

I really enjoyed this movie. It took a while to develop, and I wasn't really sure what direction it would go in, but it was really worth it in the end. I can't wait to see it again.

I've seen Sixth Sense four or five times. I really like that movie. I agree that Unbreakable was a disappointment. It had that same little twist at the end, but the whole thing just didn't work as well.
AndyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2002, 10:08 PM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by AndyG:
The problem with this is that they killed the humans before they took them. At the end there, the alien was using poison gas on Morgan.
I saw it with my mother, and we discussed it driving home. We, too, wondered what aliens with serious reactions to water would want with human bodies.
I really enjoyed this movie. It took a while to develop, and I wasn't really sure what direction it would go in, but it was really worth it in the end. I can't wait to see it again.
I've seen Sixth Sense four or five times. I really like that movie. I agree that Unbreakable was a disappointment. It had that same little twist at the end, but the whole thing just didn't work as well.
Really? I was under the impression that they were only killing those that resisted. If all they want is to kill, why even land on Earth? They can just bombard the entire planet with poison.

The alien that was trying to poison Morgan had a grudge against Morgan's father who had chopped off the alien's finger in an earlier encounter.