Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 10:06 PM   #1
RitingFool
The Magister

OK...you've got to be kidding me!

I don't think there's any way for my characters to win that battle with Xylissa. About a dozen priests and other various enemies materialize in that ampitheater, all casting spells. Backing up to the corridor doesn't seem to work; they don't seem to come up after you (making a 1-on-1 fight in tight quarters a little easier).

Any advice here is greatly appreciated. My characters are all at level 8.

Regards,
Michael
RitingFool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 10:15 PM   #2
Xignal
Drizzt Do'Urden

Here are a couple of threads that may help you tactics-wise:

Thread 1

Thread 2

Rick
Xignal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 01:47 AM   #3
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

If I were you I'd cast Burning Haze on Elyssia. Then slowly, lure them into the corridor. They will follow but they have to see you go in. When one pops his head in, cast Burning Haze. This effectively cuts off all entrance into the corridors. After they're stuck in the big ball of fire, launch spells and ranged weapons at them, until they are all dead. You may have to lure them in several times because not all of them will follow. Once all of the priests are gone, go after Elyssia. Weaken her with spells and then get into close combat with her. And that will spell the end for the Serpent Cult.

Good luck!

-Jafin

------------------

I may look like an old man now, but just you wait until I take off my fake beard and wig and show you Tiltowait!
Jafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 10:38 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

RitingFool - did you bet her yet??

The best advice in fighting her is don't wait to start the fight (i.e. until she finishes talking). As soon as she starts talking - Blast her with distance spells - keeping yourself back in the corridor!

Good Luck!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2001, 12:04 PM   #5
KC_2
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I almost crapped myself when I saw those other just teleport in... I thought I was toast. Then I got an idea, while it is in turnbased, turn around and cast burning haze on the priests directly behind you, then just hit Xylissa with normal weapons. Most of the priests behind you should die after that round. After the haze dissipates move back to where the guys you just fried were, turn around, facing to the left of Xylissa there should be another group of priests. Cast burning haze on then, then charge Xylissa again and take her out.

At least, that is how I did it!
KC_2 is offline   Reply With Quote