Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-13-2002, 11:36 PM   #11
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by ladyzekke:

For me, reading a lot of those old posts by myself two years ago, when I had never chatted with ANYONE online, or posted to any forums before, I look at my posts back then as so dorky LOL! I thought back then it was probably best to just keep a far distance from the members, and just get the BGII info I needed, but in time I got used to the forum, and comfortable with the totally decent members, and eventually in time became comfortable posting, even with GD.
Me too. I started in the games forums, and thought anyone who regularly posted on GD would be a bit of a fruit (now I know that there are only 2: LS and johnny )

Funny thing is, the reason I first came to GD is when Dundee mentioned a lot of Apophises (Apophi?) I had only ever seen Dundee before so...
Old 10-13-2002, 11:42 PM   #12
Moni

Dec 28, 2000 Just a month after you joined Ladyzekke! My first post was also on the blue board. [img]smile.gif[/img] (We have anniversaries coming up! )

Anyway, I was an idiot then; I remain an idiot today LOL. If you only knew just how clueless I was LOL!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=001583

RevRuby,
If i haven't said it yet (see above remark on idiocy lol)
[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Hello and Welcome!

Old 10-13-2002, 11:48 PM   #13
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by True_Moose:
Here's mine:

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=15;t=002621 .

I'm probably the only one here who's first post was on the Wiz 8 board

It was easy because it was almost exactly 100 days ago.
Hmmm, I don't know if you are the only regular in GD who's first post was in the Wiz 8 forum...Megabyte's might have been. (?) (EDIT: NO, I was just in the User Created Polls Forum and he has a post there regarding playing W&W so I would assume he was around prior to Wiz 8.) I've seen him post here recently but have missed back and forth posts between us...I miss you Megabyte! )

I made a thread there for introducing ourselves got a lot of people who would have otherwise just lurked out into the open to say hello and to make comments on the board and talk about themselves. That thread (partially) turned into a GD kind of thread for Wiz 8 Forum members to chit chat in and even went into a second thread after the first one reached near or over 200 posts.

Re: Fruits--->(You forgot LoA lol)

[ 10-13-2002, 11:56 PM: Message edited by: Moni ]

Old 10-13-2002, 11:55 PM   #14
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
Dec 28, 2000 Just a month after you joined Ladyzekke! My first post was also on the blue board. [img]smile.gif[/img] (We have anniversaries coming up! )

Anyway, I was an idiot then; I remain an idiot today LOL. If you only knew just how clueless I was LOL!

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=001583

RevRuby,
If i haven't said it yet (see above remark on idiocy lol)
[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Hello and Welcome!
Dec. 28? I would have thought you would have been here longer Moni. That's two days before I came, I guess I didn't make that good of a first impression [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 10-14-2002, 12:00 AM   #15
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Dec. 28? I would have thought you would have been here longer Moni. That's two days before I came, I guess I didn't make that good of a first impression [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Heck, I thought you had been around long before I showed up!
You made a great impression on me LOL...I still laugh when I think of that poll you made ("Laughing so hard...") I even mentioned it in another thread here today. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-14-2002, 12:04 AM   #16
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
i agree completely even after my short time here. i love it here. i'm not fond of most internet social situations on wide scale but this place is definately special. i'm not in any of the video/comp game discussions, but i don;t really play them. i love gd and roleplay tho. very enjoyable. i am happy my husband found this place and finally (after a year) got me here. i hope to make some new friends.
Yes RevRuby. There are no expectations here, you can just post about whatever you feel like, and respond to other's posts, and all is good. No freakos e-mailing you wanting to know if they can have a pair of your underwear, or anyone telling you your post is stupid, etc. In other words, very few "extreme" personalities to deal with. It is just a casual easy going place to visit without any bad repercussions. Glad your hubby found this place for you too! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I have a few people in my life who think me talking to people online, even with just a message board, is a freako kind of thing. I'm talking to sickos, pervs or freaks they say (guess that means since I'm doing it too I'm in that category as well). [img]tongue.gif[/img] I want to just tell them "NO, I'm talking about ESCAPE!" cause to me that is enough, is evident, but to those "non-onliners," they just don't get it, which is a shame. So many idiots ruin the internet's reputation

Reality Show Recaps
Old 10-14-2002, 01:30 AM   #17
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
Heck, I thought you had been around long before I showed up!
You made a great impression on me LOL...I still laugh when I think of that poll you made ("Laughing so hard...") I even mentioned it in another thread here today. [img]smile.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=4;t=001864
Old 10-14-2002, 01:41 AM   #18
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

Had some time to kill so thought I'd dig around for my one - it was a reply I think so my name won't be next to the thread so give me some time [img]smile.gif[/img]

On my rumaging I came across this thread though and it had me in stitches so decided to share it... especially for Mario and Yorick

EDIT: No wonder I couldn't find my first post, I joined in Jan 2002, not 2001 [img]tongue.gif[/img] Somebody smack me.

[ 10-14-2002, 01:53 AM: Message edited by: Downunda ]
Old 10-14-2002, 02:48 AM   #19
The Trickster
Manshoon

My first post as The Trickster is here :

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...;f=10;t=011144

My first post that I can find as Avi (but I'm sure there's some earlier ones) is here :

http://www.ironworksforum.com/ubb/cg...c;f=2;t=015540
<br /><br />Movie Reviewer for Ironworks Gaming<br />Hero of Icewind Dale and alias to The Nameless One, Gordon Freeman, Garrett, Elayna Sedai, Cate Archer, Child of Bhaal, J.C Denton and Patrick Galloway.<br />Leader in the war against commercial music.
Old 10-14-2002, 04:23 AM   #20
Epona
Zartan

Argh! This is difficult with no search function!

After half an hour of page-hopping, I think this is it:

Almost newbie??