Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2002, 07:01 PM   #11
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Ahhh,,...I do remember him sending me on that quest, but I figured he was a crazy old loon and was just making things up as he went along. I didn't realize that it was a serious quest. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-19-2002, 07:09 PM   #12
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've never joined Telvanni, but the topic always comes up ok, even without the quest. I don't understand it. Um. Do you have the patch? Advisable to, as it fixes lots of buggy stuff.

Thanks for the compliment canadianvixen [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-20-2002, 11:59 PM   #13
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

I have installed the patch, thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img] I did start receiving the topic once I went to Vivic and talked to the crazy old Mage in the Mage's Guild, who sent me to Edwinna in Ald'ruhn, who sent me to Hasphat Antabolis in Balmorra, who told me it's Dwarven but he can't read it, and that's where that ended. No leads or direction anywhere else. Maybe I need to do something else to go somewhere with it and I just haven't gotten there yet. Edwinna says she doesn't have any more quests for me to do, so I guess that's it since I've already finished Balmora's and Sadith Moria's and the Crazy mage in Vivic won't give me anything but the missing dwarves quest and he doesn't have any chat topic's for that one.

You're welcome fljotsdale. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-21-2002, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: canadianvixen ]
Old 10-21-2002, 08:07 AM   #14
Grungi
Banned User

the last dwemer / dwarf in the entire world is the fat guy in the madhouse where you have to go to get disease resistance, he knows alot about the disappearence of the dwarves being as he is the only one left [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:42 PM   #15
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by canadianvixen:
I have installed the patch, thank you. [img]smile.gif[/img] I did start receiving the topic once I went to Vivic and talked to the crazy old Mage in the Mage's Guild, who sent me to Edwinna in Ald'ruhn, who sent me to Hasphat Antabolis in Balmorra, who told me it's Dwarven but he can't read it, and that's where that ended. No leads or direction anywhere else. Maybe I need to do something else to go somewhere with it and I just haven't gotten there yet. Edwinna says she doesn't have any more quests for me to do, so I guess that's it since I've already finished Balmora's and Sadith Moria's and the Crazy mage in Vivic won't give me anything but the missing dwarves quest and he doesn't have any chat topic's for that one.

You're welcome fljotsdale. [img]smile.gif[/img]
I've never completed it so I can't give you all the guff. Did Hasphat tell you it could be the key to reading other dwemer books? And grungi is right in his comment as well. Have you found the second book yet?
I think I'm going to have to follow this quest myself! I'm getting a bit cross with myself for just discovering bits of it but never doing it properly!
Old 10-23-2002, 10:54 AM   #16
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

Yes I found the second book when completing the last quest for Edwinna. I have the option to discuss that with Hasphat too, but I get exactly the same dialogue as I received with the "Egg of Time". I seem to be stuck. [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img] If you find a way out of the corner I've painted myself into fljotsdale or grungi I'd be happy to hear it. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 10-25-2002, 10:32 AM   #17
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

I DID IT~!!!!! Not without a lot of help though. Thanks everyone. I finally finished this quest and got the crazy old mage in Vivic to say that was the answer. I had forgotten about the "Hanging Gardens" the translation key. Then had to find the Wizard that could translate it then back to the ruins where the archologist was still slaving away and finally to Vivic to get him to admit I had done the impossible.
Old 10-25-2002, 11:19 AM   #18
Mellagar

Well done indeed! I think I'll give this quest a try since I have all the books and the translation manual as well!!!...........oh wait.....hmmmm.....I just remembered something.....I killed Trebonius and am now Arch-mage Guild Master....oh well, I suppose the books will make a nice added display of character in my library. Well congradulation anyhow!

(Travels back to Arena and taps Trebonius on the head.)
"Excuse me...I'm sorry...can you translate this...hello...HELLO!! You bald monkey!!!"
(Starts kicking Trebonius' corpse.)

[ 10-25-2002, 11:21 AM: Message edited by: Mellagar ]
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2002, 11:54 AM   #19
Grungi
Banned User

hint: dead people arent much good for completing quests, i know i know you'd never have thought of that, but its true, took me slaughtering 3 entire towns before i realised , ahem and yes i am InSaNe
Grungi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 01:34 AM   #20
Mellagar

3 towns slaughtered eh? Hmmm....
I do believe we should combine forces and wipe out all of Morrowind!!!
Mellagar is offline   Reply With Quote