Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 07-02-2014, 09:21 AM   #1
Gavindale
The Magister

Default Baldur's Gate and it's expansion

A quick question for anyone reading this... I remember it's been said how in Icewind Dale the player had to enter the expansion pack at a certain time in the game, and if they went past that point, they could not longer play the expansion. Other games I've played have it set up where the player plays the expansion after the game is completed. Which one is Baldur's Gate? i.e. do we get to play the expansion after the game is over, or do we have to enter the expansion at a certain point in the game?
Gavindale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2014, 08:50 PM   #2
ZFR
Legion Symbol

Default Re: Baldur's Gate and it's expansion

You can enter the expansion areas any time. The are quite hard though, so it's really advisable to wait till you're high enough level. My suggestion: sometime in chapter 5.

Also, one expansion area quest requires you to visit Baldur's Gate city first.