Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2003, 06:39 PM   #1
James G.
Elite Waterdeep Guard

http://www.tldm.org/News4/MarkoftheBeast.htm

This is a heavy topic to post but I have questions and value IW’s answers. You can respond any way you like following the rules so get it out!! Is this it, the “Mark”?

Many religious threads have been started here at IW and from reading the recorded posts responses range of beliefs is awesome - and depth of who and where becomes like a well sung song at times. Hail to you all—> but what is to believe here and now about your own decision and response if everyone was required to get a chip to buy, sell, or trade on the common market ala “Mark of the beast”..?

Can you change your life style if you resist the chip to get paid?
Can you live off the land in such a survival mode for any length of time before you give in and or your family?
Doe’s your Church have a policy concerning this subject?

James
James G. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2003, 07:05 PM   #2
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

Bah I oppose this chip because of the lack of privacy.
Old 09-16-2003, 08:09 PM   #3
Zero Alpha

if they chip you, what are the benifits to you? i cant think of any. i imgaine that they would have the complete ability to track where you are and what your upto. so where is the trade off?

and that 'Mark of the Beast' cr*p is just stupid. its like the superstition about the number 13. if you look at one of their old logo's upsidedown and add a line it sort of looks like the number 666. which was supposed to be related to a thing written in a book, a while ago by some dead guys who said that 'god' said so. rrriiiiiight.
Old 09-16-2003, 09:58 PM   #4
Chewbacca
Zartan

I doubt the chip can ever be made mandatory here in the U.S.A., but with the recent PATRIOT ACT zest to intrude on civil liberties and privacy I dunno, makes for some scary thoughts. I can only imagine millions of people taking to the streets in protest of being mandatorily marked this way.

A smart I.D. card is capable of digitally carrying health and other personal information. No need for intrusive surgery this way and it can still be effective even as a voluntary device.

As for the mark of the beast, well I would have to first off believe in the beast in order to beleive that the chip is the mark. Since I dont it is a mute point.
Old 09-17-2003, 01:26 AM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

Question Mark

I wouldn't worry too much about any "mark of the Beast", because there won't be an Anti-Christ; Revelations is an allegory, not a literal prediction of the future. Besides, all of the predictions about the end of the world under a one-world government was in relation to Rome....

There won't be enough practical use for an implanted chip, other than as a personal accessory. Chewbacca is right--a smart card can carry all you need...just make sure to have a spare and call in your stolen/lost card immediately. [img]graemlins/beigesmilewinkgrin.gif[/img]

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 03:35 AM   #6
Skunk
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Chewbacca:
I doubt the chip can ever be made mandatory here in the U.S.A., but with the recent PATRIOT ACT zest to intrude on civil liberties and privacy I dunno, makes for some scary thoughts. I can only imagine millions of people taking to the streets in protest of being mandatorily marked this way.

A smart I.D. card is capable of digitally carrying health and other personal information. No need for intrusive surgery this way and it can still be effective even as a voluntary device.
If I had said to you in January of 2001 that by the end of 2003 it will be possible to lock someone up indefinitely without access to a lawyer in the United States, you would have laughed so hard that you would have coughed up blood. Stranger things have happened.

But I can't see the point of burying such a chip under the skin though - people who were forced to have such surgery performed would remove it themselves or with the aid of a friend.

Worse still, if you wanted to steal the identity of someone else (to gain access to secured areas, bank accounts etc.), you would have to maim the victim to gain access to their chip. So all muggers would be equipped with a box knife and *all* victims would be physically maimed whenever they are attacked.
Skunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 09:02 AM   #7
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

James, I can understand your concern and fears on this subject. Frankly I am surprised I am even writing about this as a real concern for this day and age.

I wouldn’t get to worried about chip identification for now but some of your thoughts show me that you are thinking in the right direction concerning how would one live if this was to happen. Go to the library and check out some books on surviving off the land to start with. If nothing else you will be a better person for it even if you don’t ever have to rely on your skills.

I personally see this topic as a real thing that will happen someday. Here are a few thoughts of why I feel this and how it will be done.
The Federal Govt already pays it’s employees by direct deposit. This was not done overnight and was not forced upon its employees at first but over time it became mandatory… if you work for the Govt this is the ONLY way you can get paid.
I see the chip being phased in like this into society. It will not be forced upon people, at first, and have a very innocent feel to it and only those who wish to operate in the legal society will be steered this way. None will generally know who has one and who doesn’t, like a check card. But over time it become the only means of operating within the “worlds” trade market.
Even now if you go into a grocery store or pharmacy you MUST have the store card also to get any discount being offered. Sound familiar?

I don’t think Verachip will be the identification “mark” – no. But I do believe that a means close to this will be intergraded into society’s elite in the next handful of years.

What would happen if you worked all your years and did get a retirement from the Govt… then 15 years down the road you were required to get an identification chip to get paid? Scary thoughts indeed.
*\Conan/* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2003, 11:21 AM   #8
Rokenn
Galvatron

There is really no need to chip people to keep track of where they are and what they are doing. With more and more video cameras monitoring public spaces, advances in biometrics, cashless transactions, and coming soon money chip with the new rf tags... well you get the idea [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-17-2003, 04:03 PM   #9
Zero Alpha

Quote:
Originally posted by Rokenn:
There is really no need to chip people to keep track of where they are and what they are doing. With more and more video cameras monitoring public spaces, advances in biometrics, cashless transactions, and coming soon money chip with the new rf tags... well you get the idea [img]smile.gif[/img]
yes, but can you imgaine not needing any of these things, and having the eqivilant or better servalance, 24/7 [img]graemlins/saywhat.gif[/img] . it would be a boon to security, but the end of privacy forever