Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2001, 12:53 AM   #11
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

Chain lightning is the better of the two spells. Damaging more
than one enemy at a time is always the way to go. Mass
destruction...
Mitro Jellywadder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 09:18 PM   #12
dulouz
Manshoon

my 2 cents.

it always ticked me off when a mage would cast chain lightning on my party. it hurt. if they summon yet another monster, no matter how tough, death spell can get rid of all summoned monsters. easy to manage. electricity damage on the other hand, only 2 of my characters have any resistance to it.

similarly, the enemy can quickly dispatch any summoned creatures.
dulouz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2001, 09:43 PM   #13
andrewas
Harper

i use figher most anyway, but when i am forced to use magic, i go for chain lightning. well, actually i most often fire of barrages of magic missiles and acid arrows (the _only_ must haves in the game cept for heal ), but apart from that (and cloudkill, storm of vengeance, cone of cold, flamstrike, sunray, haste, entangle), i use chain lightining.

i scarcley use summons. most of the time they get interupted (i never get around to preparing) or killed right off. exception - monster summoning one to absorb time stops. ifs just funny to watch irenicus deailing about 500 damage to a rabid dog. i dont think i even have invisible stalker. might have written it for exp but i dont recall it.
andrewas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 03:58 AM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Okey-dokey, it is settled then, Chain Lightning it is.

Thanks people.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2001, 08:49 PM   #15
Sorcerer Alex

I prefer chain lightning - it can really do some damage if used correctly

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB
Old 10-31-2001, 02:27 PM   #16
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

Out of all the summoning spells, I found inv stalker one of the rappier ones, I say go with chain lightning.
Darth Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 04:41 AM   #17
Sir Wes Iron Grasp
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Everyone is voting for chain lightning because it atttacks everyone but invisible stalker allso attacks everyone because it is so hard it plows through them quikly no compitition INVISIBLE STALKER

Takes the Cake
<br />Fear smiles in the face of Every Man All We can Do Is Smile back... or Smash its face in <br /> <br />THE WORDS OF THE GREAT Sir Exxon..modified a bit<p>Sir Wes IronGrasp <br />leader of the <br />Assasians of Waterdeep<p>And <br />Bold Follower of <br />Sir Exxon:knightsmile:
Sir Wes Iron Grasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 08:16 AM   #18
Axl of Darkness
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Wow...Chain Lightning is better as it is a quicker spell. When you cast it you deal average damage to all enemies, which is quite usefull when soloning. If you spell trigger 3 chain light.. you can get rid from a bunch of foes at once.
Old 01-24-2002, 10:32 AM   #19
Ike YarakZ
Dungeon Master

"Abzi Dalbiz Horrid Wilting" or wat eva is called...
Whoops sorry, Chain Lighting is really top notch! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-24-2002, 01:32 PM   #20
toriuxik
Banned Smartass

Invisible Stalkers are barely a slowdown for the enemies in TOB... Use Chain Lightning, and you have a chance to clear out a small army of little buggers... Spider Spawn is better when you reach a good level and start pulling a duo of swordspiders eachtime, and almost all Monster Summonings are crap of course... lol That was pointless...
toriuxik is offline   Reply With Quote