Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-16-2001, 01:32 AM   #91
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry, seeing the blade come upon him...turns to get one last glance at Mistral before his death.
What he saw was the only other guy besides the one about to end his own life, stabbing into Mistral's magical defences. With Everything he had left in him, Larry spins his upper-torso around, giving momentum to his legs, which came up to meet his attacker's knees from the back. The man topples backwards, as Larry jumps upon him, and slices his throat with his dagger. He calls out for Nightblade, and points in Mistral's direction.
The sword obeyed Larry's voice, but not like Larry intended. The sword spun from the darkness, aimed at the final attacker, and released a blast of ice at the poor man. The would be attacker of Mistral dropped his sword and stood there, shivering from the artic blast. Nightblade hummed and sought for the man's heart. Larry walked over and broke Nighblade's hold on the dead man's chest. Looking at the sword, he asked...

"Now, since when could you do that?" You gotta stop hiding these secrets from me!"

Larry actually was not awake to hear any reply the sword could have unlikely give. Larry fell to the floor, and past out from the effects of the poison. The sword comes up, and hovers above Larry, like a sentinel.

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 01:37 AM   #92
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...man! You are back quicker that I thought!
I thought I had plenty of time to post, then you actually beat me to it!
Old 10-16-2001, 01:39 AM   #93
mistral4543
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

(ooc: What?! Is your character dead or poisoned??)
Old 10-16-2001, 01:40 AM   #94
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Poisoned, and unconsious...about to do one of those dream things ...
Old 10-16-2001, 01:53 AM   #95
mistral4543

(ooc: Okay... here goes...)

Kaz hurriedly searches her belongings for some potion with which to cure Larry's poisoned wounds, but to no avail. With trembling hands, she prises Larry's satchel open and resumes her hunt. Another search among the corpses lying around yields a few hundred gold pieces, but no antidote. Casting a final look at Larry and Mistral, she sprints to the nearest apothecary to buy the required potion...

In a daze, Mistral kneels down and rests her right hand on Larry's cheek. She shudders as she feels his body turning cold. "Don't leave us, Larry...don't!" ~ She wipes her tears away angrily ~ "How dare you walk out on me now, when you, in all your audacity, drove me back here! You just come back here!" ~ She shakes his weakened form agitatedly, ignoring Nightblade's warning tone.

Helplessly, she draws out Brightblade and proceeds to slice away a little of the skin surrounding the wound on Larry's sword arm. Without a further thought, she begins sucking furiously from the wound and spitting out the poison. ~

Old 10-16-2001, 02:07 AM   #96
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Larry's Poison induced dream...or something...

Larry awakes to find himself at his old home, back in the country-located house of his parents. He sees his father there, leering at him...

"Father! Wha..What are you doing here? Or actually, what am I doing here?"

"Come now, son, don't be such a young fool! I am dead, you are near death, and this is one of those freaky dreams that people have when they are almost ready to pass away. Why don't you think before you ask?"

"Sorry, father. So, does this mean that I will die tonight"?

"There you go again! Since when has anyone taken time to write a freaky dream sequence, only to allow the character to die? No, you will be returning shortly, I hope. You continue to disgrace me...you bring dishonor to my name. Why can't you be like that nice girl, uhhh...Killing Spree? Or even Mistral that you have been acting such a fool over? Either one of those girls are better in combat than you. You have not even done anything! You trapse about, waving that pretty sword of yours that, by the way, is more suitable at fighting alone than in your greasy hands...oh...why do I even bother...?"

"Father! Please! Your words hurt me! I am trying, but I am not as good as the afore-mentioned ladies. They were taught to fight their whole lives! I never even had you around! You were always gone, left us too many times, on your wild excersions to find gold and happiness. Your true happiness was with us, and you never even saw it!"

"Shut up, son! I did that all for you! I wanted to make us rich! And I would have succeeded, except for ..."
"Nevermind...you are too stupid to even understand any of it. "

"What were you about to tell me, father? Was it about how you found the twin Scimatars? How have I inherited the Katana? What are you not telling me?!"

"Son, I ...cannot say anything in regards to those blades...it is not for me to tell you. Please understand. I need you...to...set things right. For me...for your family...can you do this?"

"I do not know what is expected of me, but I shall strive to follow the right path. But, I need help, dad..."

I know, son. Your mother was always telling me how much you loved me. I just never took the time to listen, I guess...and now it is too late."

"No! It isn't! You can guide me, from my heart, because I still have a place for you there. I will do as you bid me do. Set my course right. I will make you proud!"

"I know you will son. I wish that I would not have gotten you involved in any of this. It is all my fault. Can you forgive an old man?"

"Larry smiles at his father as the picture fades away to darkness..."

[This message has been edited by Larry_OHF (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 02:22 AM   #97
mistral4543

~"Open up! Open up!" ~ Kaz pounds frenziedly at the locked door of the apothecary. After what seems like a hundred years, there is a sound of shuffling feet and mumbled grumbles. *Ping!* goes the lock and the door finally yawns open. ~ "What didya wa.." ~ Before the gnome can speak, Kaz has shoved her way into the store.~

~ Finally, the dark fluid Mistral spits out is replaced by fresh blood. She staggers towards a nearby barrel. Cupping the water from it, she gurgles her mouth repeatedly. The buildings are spinning and becoming a blur. Gasping for air, she leans against the walls of a decrepit hut, pressing her hand against her forehead. Her cheeks are flushed and her face, drenched with perspiration. ~

~ Her knees give way and she begins crawling towards what appears to be Larry's figure...his breathing sounds easier... ~ Are those his fingers twitching, or are my eyes playing tricks on me?... ~ she closes her eyes. ~

[This message has been edited by mistral4543 (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 02:26 AM   #98
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

ooc...I think that will be all for me tonight...
Have a good night, or day...or whatever the heck you are about to be in...and I will see you in the morning...
or for you, that would be the evening...or tomorrow...or something...
uhhh...I will be back online in 6-7 hours to check on things.
Sound good?!
Bye!

------------------

3rd Member of the Ancient OHF and Diamond Ranger of the ALSB (secretarial position & Ambassador)
Father of the wicked but cute child known as MaryBeth

Padre de una niña bien traviosa pero guapa
---------------------
Aisukuríimu ga tabetái desu.
Old 10-16-2001, 08:08 AM   #99
Kaz
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OOC: I'm back. Time for me to tell more about myself, I guesss. my name is Astrid (but don't you dare call me that, I'm Kaz here, I am completely different in RL - and I think the Kaz me is more the real me), and I'm 15 and in 10th grade. I live in Goettingen, a nice university town of ~120000 inhabitants in Germany. I can also speak English very well because I lived in the US for 6 years. I have blond hair and brown eyes (STILL trying to find a picture for Stealthy's) and am 1.56 meters or 5'1" tall . I play piano and violin, like to read, play computer and post here. I stutter - probably one of the reasons I'm completely different in RL . I think that's all...
Kaz ran back towards Larry and Mistral, antidote in hand. Reaching the group, she saw Larry and Mistral, both lying collapsed. Wondering what had happened, Kaz smeared a bit of the antidote onto Larry's wound and let a few drops fall into Mistral's mouth. They seemed to be getting better, so she examined the corpses in more detail. One of the men bore a symbol that was very familiar... Kaz sat down on the cobblestones, shaking. She felt as though her stomach had turned to ice, and her eyes shone. A short while later, she had herself under control again and resumed her examination, although she studiously avoided looking at the man with the strange symbol on his coat.

[This message has been edited by Kaz (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-16-2001, 08:56 AM   #100
mistral4543

~ Her eyelids flutter open for a brief moment, then close. She whispers, "Kaz… is… that… you? ~ Breathing heavily, she continues ~ "How… is…Larr…y…" ~