Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2001, 03:04 PM   #41
Ramon de Ramon y Ramon
Red Dragon

Well, well, I am really starting to repeat myself - which could be considered spamming btw lol - but I must say it again: Sweet, sweet nostalgia !

I nominate this thread for induction into the Board museum as well !

Cb - sense of history ? Sense of history ! lol

------------------
So long !

R³ - new, much improved signature under construction !

Old 06-12-2001, 03:10 PM   #42
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Glad the thread was interesting for you Lady Avalon!

Wah, Ramon...you two are making me feel all warm and fuzzy and blue! teehee
I just got to thinking that we'd had this conversation in the beginning of the current board and that it could be useful info for the new folk here at Ironworks.

CB
Historically Minded Welcome Wagon

------------------
Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 06-12-2001, 03:16 PM   #43
Charean
Hathor

Yeah, I remember thinking - wow - they have posted so much, they must know a lot!! - when I first started on the BG2 boards asking questions. Accord seemed to know just EVERYTHING about the game, and is still one of the most helpful people I know.

I was registered on the blue board, but never dreamed I would be here this much. I am amazed at the look back and seeing some of those old sigs. Makes me smile.

And about the spam thing... yes I have been guilty occasionally, but I am going in total withdrawl in a few more days...want people to remember me!

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Noticing that the Light has gotten further down a Dark Tunnel than expected... Time to get the Lantern... Knowing sooner or later - I will get to the End of this Tunnel to the Open Air once again...
Old 06-12-2001, 05:46 PM   #44
Lavindathar
Harper

Well I think I can be quite guilty of that sometimes,but it isnt to get my rank up.

Mostly, my posts are always to help people.The problem is,as it is always from memory,they can be fairly short.Does this mean they are spam, even if they are an answer to someones question?

I always try to make my posts long and informative,but it doesn't happen.Sometimes my mind draws a blank,and I cannot remember what I am writing,and then I only write a short amount to compensate for this.

If anyone ever does think I spam, I would appreciate being told.

Thankyou very much!

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 05:58 PM   #45
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

If they are to help people, they're not SPAM. Spam by it's nature is meaningless posts.

Personally, I've only seen a handful of posts out there that I would classify as true "spam". Even one-sentence posts, if they're a hilarious one-liner, serve something. Some of Caleb's interjections have me rolling on the floor! (I know, I shouldn't encourage him, especially since some people really get irritated by it...but I can't help it! )

I've got over 2700 posts now, and most of them (at least 90%) have been strictly to help out at Wizards & Warriors. I've also posted humorous things too, like the Gael Serran Examiner (the "tabloid" newspaper covering the events in Wizards & Warriors), but I think I can say I've never been guilty of making a 1-character post.

Old 06-12-2001, 06:41 PM   #46
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Its pretty easy to see who spams for rank. They post it on their threads! Easy enough to ignore I guess but does anyone really care if someone has 100/300/2000 posts?
Old 06-12-2001, 06:55 PM   #47
kiwidoc
Zhentarim Guard

You may have noticed how much I post. There is a reason for this. I have an illness that causes severe pain. Often I can't sleep, and I also need to be distracted as well. I try to keep my posts funny, relevant, informative, interesting or very occasionally all of the above. I also do some seriuos writing and have been sharing this with you.

I spread my posting out over about 8 boards, but the GD forum here is the one I come to when I really need some fun.

My posts have been rocketing up lately - but it is all the fault of Rude Dawg's song connection game In fact - lets just blame him for everything!
Old 06-12-2001, 07:06 PM   #48
RudeDawg
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by kiwidoc:
My posts have been rocketing up lately - but it is all the fault of Rude Dawg's song connection game In fact - lets just blame him for everything!

The Song Connection game is SIR TAINLY's wunderkid! (shout-out to my peeps, Sir T !!!), but feel free to blame me anyway!

It's just the man trying to keep a BEANER down !!!!

------------------
Old 06-12-2001, 07:07 PM   #49
Row Firecam
Dungeon Master

Your postcount means NOTHING to me, it's what you post that counts.
Or as one guy at the TFN board, said
Quote:
You appear intelligent, but when I read your post, the effect is spoiled
-Beowulf from TFN

Quality over quantity!

------------------

Keldorn's Younger brother
Old 06-12-2001, 07:20 PM   #50
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Of course I am guilty of spam! I spammed with everyone else on the infamous 1000 post thread and I occasionally post a spam post just for fun. But as you can see from my numbers I do not post for rank and I try to at least put a little humor in most of my posts. As for spamming for rank, I think it has pretty much died out. Sure there are a few "help me get out of stone golem hell" threads, but even these peter out after a while with little actual spam. So that being said I would like to present my sponsor for this post

------------------

Ever wonder if illiterate people get the full effect from alphabet soup?