Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 09:16 AM   #61
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

A dagger has been added to the inventory of Pandaros.
Old 01-02-2006, 04:02 PM   #62
Milanthir
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Is it still possible to join the RPG at this venture? I'm very new to these forums, but I've done forum RPing (very open-style) before, and I've played D&D (2d edition, 3d edition, and 3.5, as well as rokugan, FR, planescape, and ebberon).

I enjoy playing magic users, usually, though lately I've become more in tune with the flow of swords in battle.
Old 01-02-2006, 07:10 PM   #63
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Milanthir, you've come to the right place! Yes, I will gladly accept you into this game, and since we are early in gaming at this time, there will be no trouble at getting you into it.

This game is set up exclusively for newbies to RPGs that are online, turn-based style. They get to learn here with us how to do it since sometimes a newcomer has a hard time getting into the good stuff. That way, we can grow this forum and have a larger group of gamers to choose from when gaming in the future. However, there are some players here that have gamed before in other games, and that's okay too.

For the newer gamers, they can grow and learn with little pressure from us or their peers since we are taking special consideration in helping them work through questions, rules, allowances, etc.

Cyril and I are represented in the game as the Governers of the city. We are a bit out of reach from everyday folk in town, but there are two experienced gamers that are playing In-character as well that are more approachable. Vindson and Oley. They are there exclusively for gamers to work with and get help from.

Please read through what has already been gamed and whatever posts are prudent in this thread and then send me a character description based one what I've asked in this thread. We'll get you started as soon as possible.
Old 01-03-2006, 12:03 AM   #64
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Also if you're looking for semi-reliable magical wares or uncommon (but not particularly hard to get) components for spells Oley is a great font of knowledge and may be able to impart magical knowledge and wisdom unto those who beseech him (early in the day that is).
Old 01-03-2006, 10:13 PM   #65
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Whoever is interested...there's a task of importance to take care of in town.

Ready to start the fun?
Old 01-05-2006, 07:23 AM   #66
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Just a couple of general questions:

1. Do we gain experience or level up in this type of roleplay? If so, how does it work?

2. I'm currently trying to work out hit points for my char and can't for the life of me remember how. Using 2E rules, a 6th level thief with no CON bonuses should have 24 hit points. Is that right? Are there any other factors that affect it?

3. Again using 2E rules, what is the base starting armour class before any factors are applied.

Cheers guys.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 01-05-2006, 08:46 AM   #67
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sever:
Just a couple of general questions:

1. Do we gain experience or level up in this type of roleplay? If so, how does it work?
Larry can answer that better than I, but basically yes, after enough time and actions have taken place that he as a GM feels it's appropriate, you will be informed of a level up.

Quote:
2. I'm currently trying to work out hit points for my char and can't for the life of me remember how. Using 2E rules, a 6th level thief with no CON bonuses should have 24 hit points. Is that right? Are there any other factors that affect it?
Thieves get a 6 sided die for hp, max at first level and rolled every level thereafter. Max is 36, minimum is 11 for level 6.

Quote:
3. Again using 2E rules, what is the base starting armour class before any factors are applied.

Cheers guys.
Base AC is 10 and goes down, some things give a better bonus than others (a successful tumbling skill roll gives a +4 AC but you forfeit your attack, armor lowers armor class, ie leather provides an AC of 8 plus any mods you may have, good or bad, there is no maximum AC bonus for armor types as in 3E, an 18 dex fighter in full plate would be AC -3, AC 1 for the armor and -4 for Dex adjustment, in 3E the same character would have a max dex bonus of 1 for an AC20 equivalent to 2E AC 0)

[ 01-05-2006, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Morgeruat ]
Old 01-05-2006, 11:26 PM   #68
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks Morgeruat. If i've done this right, a 6th level thief wearing leather armour and 18 DEX should have an AC of 4. Is that right?
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 01-06-2006, 07:50 AM   #69
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

correct
Old 01-06-2006, 11:55 PM   #70
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Just some added stuff on those questions.

I tried in the past to hand out points that represented experience so that once a person got so many he could cash them in on grants from the game master like better armor, bigger sword, that sort of thing. I have also tried keeping an charted point system on players so that they could level-up when the time came. Neither idea has worked for me in the past.

Therefore, I will just be keeping tabs on players and when I decide that one player has performed to a level of worthiness, I'll decide if that translates into inventory increase or whatever when the time comes. I do not make my decisions alone. I always ask at least Cyril and sometimes more than just him about things like that.

I will not cheat people out of what they have earned so I just ask you to enjoy the game and trust me. You have Me, Cyril, Morgie, and dplax all looking out for your best interests. True, I am also trying to kill you all...but I am not biased on who I kill nor who I save miraculously. [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't that make you feel good?

I have another piece of info I wanted to share that Cyril showed me once on HP and how it should be handled in a game...but I have lost it apparently so I will get it up later.