Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-17-2006, 11:14 AM   #121
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Lockesville's Game Progression (at this time):

While Vindson works hard on the equipment that has been asked of him, his friend Oley has learned something of the direction in which the fugitives may be hiding. He has luckily stumbled upon two strangers to town (Pandaros and Sever) as well as Kasimno. Sever is known today for his heroic act during the burning of the warehouse. These three now have an idea where to start looking for the bad guys. Kasimno has not responded with his part in the new party since the 9th. Please give Keal half of the weekend to respond since he has a lot of work during the weekdays. If he has not responded by then, assume that he is okay with whatever the two of you decide and move onward with him in-tow.

Elsewhere, Milanthir runs his own investigation. Milanthir has two options at this point for his character. He could stumble upon the trio as they head towards the Inn, or he could hook up with the two guards who are running their own investigation and do not know of the existance of the Sever/Pandaros/Kasimno group. To give this latter option full availability, I shall bring the two guards within eyesight of Milanthir at the prison during my next post. In order to hook up with the former group, Milanthir will have to RP himself in that direction.

Note: There are no wrong answers, only different RP options.

Also, we know: Four guards are missing, most of the force is keeping the town locked tight and keeping the Locke brothers safe or keeping the jail guarded, and besides the two in command, only two remain to do any type of investigative work. Karl and Sam.

Outside of the internal problems of town, we know from the posts made that:

1. A man named Durston Shacal was hired to do something outside of town.
2. It would appear that there are two strange creatures outside of town that are causing strife.
3. A personage named Ariella Moonbow lives in the forest.
4. The names of the fugitives are Tanor Kolbite the prisoner and Sergio the mage. Sergio seems to have been paid to do this job by some unknown source.

* Remember that not everything that this game shows you in print is knowledge to your characters. We are simply setting up scenes and having our own RP fun so that by the time you catch up to them in-character, we will be able to offer you a better RP experience.

[ 02-17-2006, 11:40 AM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-19-2006, 09:51 AM   #122
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Note to the Team: The map found on this page near the top proves that the "pub" or "tavern" is a seperate building than that of the "Inn" where people just go to sleep.

Oley mentioned that the magic pointed towards the "Inn", not the "Pub".

Please change your posts as needed, or I will have to RP that you all walk into the wrong building.
Old 02-19-2006, 11:40 PM   #123
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Oops, my bad. I'll scratch my last post and have a new one up tonight.
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 02-20-2006, 08:10 AM   #124
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks Sever. You are free to RP yourself into the Inn in any way you choose if your companions have nothing else to add to your plan before you depart from them.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:46 PM   #125
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

That should take care of the crowd quite nicely, lol.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:12 AM   #126
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Morgeruat:
That should take care of the crowd quite nicely, lol.
[img]smile.gif[/img] I'll have something up in the morning. Thanks!
Old 02-24-2006, 10:31 PM   #127
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Keal...I am confused with your last post.

Who are you saying that you cut?
I see no record of you cutting anyone...

If it is Pandaros you are referring to since he came up to you and tapped you on the arm...then you did not describe the incident enough to let us know that this happened. Also, if you cut him, I will have to roll damage on one of your teammates and deduct HP from him...and I doubt he'll thank you for that.

Also...you are letting your own knowledge of Milanthir seep into your character which is not good role-playing. Kasimno has no idea that the "elf" that is talking with Oley is a mage.

[ 02-24-2006, 10:37 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 02-24-2006, 11:05 PM   #128
Sever
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I think Keal may have been misled by this:

Quote:
Originally posted by Larry_OHF:
The crowd decided that their personal safety had become more important than watching Kasimno cut somebody with that blade of his
My next post is ready. Just waitin' for the minor confusion to be corrected. [img]smile.gif[/img]
boo hoo hoo hoo hoo hoo
Old 02-25-2006, 11:01 PM   #129
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for that clarification, Sever.

Just to spell it out, my IC post was not meant to be read as an action taken.

I used the term "somebody" and was working at the idea that the people were there to see some action. That action was watching the three heroes find the bad guys, which in speculation would lead to a fight between good and bad. Therefore, the people had come to watch somebody bad get cut-up.

That's why we all flock to the playground after school to watch the bully kick some nerd's ass, right? We want to see blood! Its especially entertaining when the underdog gets the upper-hand and pounds the bully into the cement.

When the BOOOM went off, people decided that they did not have time to wait around to see anybody fight anyone, as they were more concerned suddenly with their own lives being at stake at the hands of a drunkard mage. (I love his character, btw).

Sound good?
Old 03-04-2006, 09:18 AM   #130
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

I see that Keal edited his post last night, but I do not see any changes to either of the problems I addressed. Therefore, I will bend as DM and work around the post...and let the players suffer the consequences. [img]smile.gif[/img]