Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-23-2002, 05:15 AM   #1
Guardianalien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What is the easyest character to play?

thx all
Old 01-23-2002, 05:21 AM   #2
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

WELCOME TO IW GUARDIANALIEN [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]

And that is all about opinion... there are alot of different class' that people think are easiest but its all based down on your playing style.... So what sort of play style do u play???
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 05:27 AM   #3
Guardianalien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'd like an intersting character?

thx for the quick reply!!!
Old 01-23-2002, 05:58 AM   #4
Anarion

Be a mage - cos of the familiar- i so like my faerie dragon [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 06:04 AM   #5
Guardianalien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

are fighter easy?

or mayby mauti-class?

[img]graemlins/1dice.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 06:08 AM   #6
Glorfindel

Fighters probably are the easiest 4 a newbie.... cause of the fact that there is no need for organisaition with ur char at all.... all u gotta do is fight sleep fight sleep.... while when u get ToB the eqaution gets much more indepth; sleep whirlwind fight sleep whirlwind fight sleep [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

But probably go 4 a kit.... since personally I find that making things easier..... and bards arent bad for starters.... since their a bit of everything [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 06:16 AM   #7
Guardianalien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hmmm what kind of fighter would you recommend?
i statted a monk but i died too much [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
the mage i stated couldent memorize any spells [img]graemlins/awcrap.gif[/img]
so i think ill start a fighter!!
Old 01-23-2002, 06:21 AM   #8
Glorfindel

Ur monk died alot u say??? hmm Play on lowest diffuculty obviously.... Monks are actually 1 of the Easiest ones.... O well

Probably become a Beserker.... They dont have Any disadvantages which should MAJORLY be bad for a Newbie like urself Hope UVe made a descision now and have GREAT fun with this fantastic game [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-23-2002, 06:27 AM   #9
Big Red
Dungeon Master

Monks are pretty good, but you need to give them decent stats to start with. I thought that he only needed 18 STR and the rest could be anything - big mistake. I unknowingly skimped on his DEX and CON and he ended up with lousy AC and HP.

When I restarted with 18 STR, 18 DEX and 18 CON he was much much better - better AC and higher HP. They're a bit weedy to start with, but they get much better and get great magic resistance.

If you're new to the game, you probably want to put 18 or 19 into DEX for whatever class you choose as it reduces your armour class (AC).
The manual doesnt really make it as clear as it should for newbies.
Big Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2002, 07:49 AM   #10
Anarion

quote:
Originally posted by Big Red:
Monks are pretty good, but you need to give them decent stats to start with. I thought that he only needed 18 STR and the rest could be anything - big mistake. I unknowingly skimped on his DEX and CON and he ended up with lousy AC and HP.

When I restarted with 18 STR, 18 DEX and 18 CON he was much much better - better AC and higher HP. They're a bit weedy to start with, but they get much better and get great magic resistance.

If you're new to the game, you probably want to put 18 or 19 into DEX for whatever class you choose as it reduces your armour class (AC).
The manual doesnt really make it as clear as it should for newbies.

yeah when you are a fighter your wisdom and intelegance dont really matter do they?