Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2003, 08:02 PM   #1
Seahorse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hello! If I use the character I finished NWN will he be to uber? What levels are you starting with and why? I have saved different levels of my original character so it's no problem to get him into the right level to start. Thanks before hand and I am a newbie it seems.
Old 06-25-2003, 08:52 PM   #2
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Hi Newbie!

Anyway, I hae been working too hard with the new Potter book to play, and now am too sleepy from staying up four consecutive nights to play! So...I have not started, but have read that level does not matter much. I would probably take a seventh level character in when I start, and see how it feels.

I am also interested to see what others are doing. Please tell us what is the best!
Old 06-25-2003, 09:14 PM   #3
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

"WELCOME TO THE IRONWORKS FORUM SEAHORSE"
SoU was designed to be started with a first level character. Shadows has a few new kits and in order to use them you need to create a new character 1st level. If you start with a high level character you won't find it to be much of a challange, but there isn't anything in the rule book that says you can't start with your high level character fron NWN.
If you read from page 13 to 19 of the Shadows of Undertide booklet that comes with the game you will get a better understanding of why you should start at 1st level.
I stated with a new character and I'm kicking butt. I did start a game with my 11th level character that I saved at some time back while playing NWN and went through the first level in about 20 minutes. There just was no challange even at the Harder settings.
once again WELCOME to IW come back often.
Old 06-28-2003, 12:12 AM   #4
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Welcome Sea dude! [img]smile.gif[/img] As Larry said, a 7th level guy is a great level to drop in at..

BTW everyone, since the v1.30 patch, the server has not crashed (and it was up for 18 HOURS straight!!)

Usually, I wake up, go to the server, and say "bet it's crashed", because it ALWAYS (every time) crashed. Now, it's very nice and stable.

WEE!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2003, 05:18 AM   #5
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2003, 08:21 PM   #6
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Hi Everyone, just got it today and plan to make a fresh start with a Level 1 character.
Old 06-30-2003, 06:34 PM   #7
Seahorse
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks Ziroc, Crimson Blade, Larry, and Xen (nice wave! ) and good game Lady Avalon.

Starting at level 1 is tough but it forces you to rely on your resourcefulness as a player in rl D&D. More later on this but I have really enjoyed this expansion so far and I never thought a cure light potion could taste so good---> AHH!

A little bit about my character in the game so far and where he is at level wise, skill wise, and mentally wise. No real spoilers here in my post but a location give away, go somewhere else if you haven't started yet! .. ...
My character's name is Willy Wetton and he is a fighter! A young man who can swing all weapons, even the most exotic. I am Level 3 (39 hit points) just coming out of the Elven Crypt from a huge turning point in my character's mojo and appearent confidence. Flashes in his mind of the scenes that just played out before him, like a bad dream wake up call , sweat and disillusionary thoughts, capping with the Elven test.

Evil drawing upon his very step. . . making him stronger, how can it be he thinks! A weird feeling that understanding undead beings and Gazing into the wintery waters of Hilltop, he noticed a faint red glow resinating in his eyes. Resting afterwards, he brushed it off as being overly burden with the weight of his goods and almost killed, just bad thought's and tiredness.

Being neutral on issue's all his young life suddenly it seems that he has his own new found destination. Cursed and physically beaten, Willy still won't go home. (Blackguard)

[ 06-30-2003, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Seahorse ]
Old 07-02-2003, 12:10 AM   #8
Granamere
Zhentarim Guard

Spoiler kind of.

That will teach you to spit on a statue. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Granamere

Small spoilers.
Sorry forgot. I started out 1st level since that is the only real choice. Sorry I like games to be a little bit of a challenge. I did give my character a few starting items mainly bags of holding. I am very glad I did that. Other wise I would have spent how much time going back and forth getting rid of treasure? That would really slow the game play. I need to check and see if the red wizard has setup shop yet. If so I wonder if he has any bags? I did buy some from the hermit! Yeah!

Unless you plan on playing the game through with many different classes and alignments. I would buy the strategy guide. I like going through an area then reading the guide on the area to aee if I missed anything and see how it would have gone if I were evil or a ranger etc. Last spoiler. Anyone talked to the Druids dog yet? Being a wizard\rouge I could not but it was interesting reading about it. Ok very last spoiler. I sent Piper away. Who made him into a guard?

Granamere

[ 07-02-2003, 12:21 AM: Message edited by: Granamere ]
Granamere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 12:58 AM   #9
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I'm going through as a level 1 druid, aspiring to become a Harper. I'm finding it very hard to remain neutral; the kind of situations presented would either play you as good or evil.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2003, 02:10 AM   #10
Chewbacca
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Nanobyte:
I'm going through as a level 1 druid, aspiring to become a Harper. I'm finding it very hard to remain neutral; the kind of situations presented would either play you as good or evil.
You got be a little of both and remember it takes at least 15 points in either direction to change your alignment so you can be bad a little here and good a little there and it wont kill your nuetrality.

I'm glad I saved alot, so when my aligment went to far toward good (I'm playing evil my first time through) I could try other choices.