Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-23-2005, 08:05 AM   #41
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

well i defeated Malavon. in the end i had to wait till he teleported away and then some more waiting till his buffs wore off. I know its a bit chessey but hey in the end it worked. I was suprised by the incredibly low amount of hitpoints malavon has i hit him twice and he was dead!.
Old 10-24-2005, 05:00 AM   #42
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

Spoilers!
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
I have tried this 3 times and every time it has been the same. I go into the final battle and fight belhifet, he goes down with no trouble at all and in the combat text the following comes up:

belhifet - Dead...

Except hes not! the screen goes dark and all that but it reappears and he is still at Almost Dead, to ad to that no matter howmuch damage i do to him he simply will not die. I have Aurils Bane installed and it has caused me some problems before can i install the patch after AB? or is that the wrong order?. If so then i guess i will export my characters and go on to HOW, leaving behind 45000 exp because he wont die.

Not happy at all.

Edit>> My F[13]/thief has reactivated! Woot! lol.... .

[ 10-24-2005, 05:02 AM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]
Old 10-24-2005, 09:02 AM   #43
NobleNick
Quintesson

lost prophet,

Congrats on doing Malavon in. This is a very tough fight; and, especially with NO Fighters, I personally wouldn't consider any set of tactics that works "cheesy."

On the fight with B: Sounds like a bug of some kind. I don't know what effect AB has. Without AB the installation order (in USA) is: IWD --> HoW --> TotLM. No other patches are needed nor desired. I would expect that if AB were used, it would come last.

I would go on to HoW from within IWD some time *before* the final IWD fight. (IMMEDIATELY after placing your six items is an excellent time. Drop by SH on the way back to Kuldahar, to close out some quests and get all the XP coming to you.) If you go to HoW from within IWD, there are items you get to keep that you will not have if you do the export-import thing.

Heh, heh, heh, congrats on regaining Fighter. HoW should be pretty fun for you.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
NobleNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2005, 11:59 AM   #44
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

I tried everything i could think of to try and get into HOW without exporting but in the end it was my only choice. I got all my best spells out of my containers and such, plus ive also got a saved game with the badges so if i ever come up with a way to defeat "B" as you call him i can test it and all that.

I did go back to SH and got all that luverly experience but i didnt do the quest for the dwarf crown as by the time i fiddled around in LDD (i wont go into it) i simply couldnt be bothered doing another quest i had no idea how to do or even where to start.

Trudging around Lonelywood right now but im almost finished everything there so i should be of to the barabarian encampment pretty soon.

Thats about all ive got to say at this point in time except that is, that im really enjoying the party im playing which is quite rare!.
Old 10-24-2005, 01:49 PM   #45
NobleNick
Quintesson

New data point:

~
~ (possible minor spoilers below)
~

Just finished DD. There is approximately 1,950K XP Total (about 325K per character in a party of 6), plus camping, to get to the end of DD / start of WT. At that point, my character CLVLs were:

Fighters 9
Cleric 9
Bard 11

I didn't get the Bandoth quest to work, even though I did not touch the quest item before I talked to him. It seems I delved a bit too far into DD before talking to Bandoth; and the only "interesting" options available led to his demise: No quest was offered. I ball-parked this quest XP at 18K; but I got 8K for doing him in, so the difference doesn't make a whole lot of difference in the total. I think I have completed all other avaliable quests in DD and before; except I don't have a Pally, so have missed bonus XP on at least 2 occasions. I can see how the numbers get more and more "approximate" as one journeys through the game.

~
~ (definite spoiler below)
~

@lost prophet --> Where was your party when you tried to get from IWD to HoW without exporting? Your party has to be in Kuldahar; which means you have to use a party from a save before they take the passageway that is unlocked by placing the 6 quest items in LDD. In other words: You can only take a party into HoW from within IWD *BEFORE* you meet RBP: You must comlete HoW before completing IWD.

If you did make an attempt from Kuldahar, exactly what transpired at the cabin in the center of town that led to your party NOT being allowed to go on to HoW?

Hope that helps.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!

[ 10-24-2005, 02:24 PM: Message edited by: NobleNick ]
Old 10-24-2005, 02:31 PM   #46
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

no sory i didnt explain properly, after i "killed" belhifet the game wouldnt go to the epilougue where the guy is reading the book, the screen would go dark and then it would reappear and i would have to continue beating belhifet for eternity. I didnt try to get to HOW i tried to complete IWD. hope that makes sense its 2:30am here...

[ 10-24-2005, 02:32 PM: Message edited by: lost prophet ]
Old 10-31-2005, 08:50 AM   #47
NobleNick
Quintesson

New data point:

~
~ (possible minor spoilers below)
~

Finished WT. There is approximately 3,500K XP Total (about 580K per character in a party of 6), plus camping, to get to the end of WT / start of LDD. (Normal IWD/HoW game: No HoF mode. Also, this does NOT include about 175K XP from quests given earlier in the game that can only be satisfied with items from DD/WT.) At the end of WT, my character CLVLs were:

Fighters 10
Cleric 10
Bard 12

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 11-01-2005, 07:37 AM   #48
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

awesome. on normal mode i got up the burial isle and it just got to boring, my party was just rolling over the monsters like a clan of dwarves on speed so i decided i would go straight to HOF mode without finishing the game. I also decided to get rid of all the items my characters had in an effort to make the game harder yet it is stil pretty easy though im only up to the VoS.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:30 AM   #49
NobleNick
Quintesson

Slight spoilers below.

If B.I. is boring; then you do, indeed, have a power party!

I have noticed the same thing in IWD. Was going to wait until HoW to give a report; but since you mentioned it...

My party of 4 Fighters, a Cleric and Bard are absolutely mowing through the mobs. I actually got a tad excited in LDD when my group got mobbed by a dozen Fire Salamanders and my tank was down to 3 out of 142 HP, about 3/4 of the way through what should have been a tough fight. It is maybe the third time he has been below 50% HP, and the **first** time he has ever been in danger of taking a dirt nap. I simply moved him back, while the rest of the team took the heat (pun intended) and finshed off the balance of the opposition. The Bard was singing War Chant (of course), and the Cleric had thrown Recitation. Other than that, it was pure melee power. And when the last salamander went down, the tank was one of only 2 characters that was below 95% health. Moments later, the team encountered hordes of Boneguard Skeletons, that were quickly turned into a huge pile of bones: No Recitation needed; although the Bard did throw a Web. It was so easy I tried again without Web, and it was still a yawner. (Oh, and for grins I tried using "Turn Undead" on the Boneguards, in a third encounter, and about 6 out of 8 skellies fled the scene.)

I think I've discovered a better camping spot than DE3: The room with Boneguards re-populates when you re-enter (at least it did for the few times I tried, as long as I didn't engage the real baddies in that room). These guys give almost three times the XP as Cold Wights, there are typically more of them per encounter, they can be softened up by normal ranged weapons, and there are good choke points to be had. With the Bard singing, there is no need for healing, and the party typically finishes each fight with less than 10 HP damage TOTAL for the party.

I expect things to get a little more challenging in HoW, after the DC. If things get as easy as I expect, after Fighter skills are regained, then I guess that the next stop will be to join you, Aerich, Dundee and Co. in HoF-land.

--------------------
What's a party,
without a song?
Bards ROCK!
Party On!!
Old 11-02-2005, 09:00 AM   #50
lost prophet
Drow Warrior

I think i know the battle you are talking about, if it is then i'll have to admit here that my bard died there and i had to cast Ressurection.

Right now ive just started the VoS and im still not quite happy about the difficulty but im sure itll get alot harder before i get alot better so im not to worried. I havnt been playing for a couple of days so ive only done the first crypt but I think i'll play some more when i finished this post.

That new camping spot your talking about, is that the enterance to the church where the idol is? If so i know what your talking about, if not. I dont have a clue.

Turn undead i find is quite annoying sure, when your in a huge undead battle and need to thin the enemies quick then it can be helpful (though you would never come across that in normal mode) but unless you can destroy then outright all it does is have to make you run around the bloody map trying to find the little buggers. IMO