Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-02-2001, 03:06 PM   #1
loriluvsxs
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Dum de dum, this is probably a very obvious answer but, I have 2 swords, Alamion which is +3 or +5 vs Sallies, and the Restored blade of Aihonen which is +1 or +5 within a dragons flight of Lac Dinneshire. How do I know if I'm within a dragons flight of Lac Dinneshire? Which blade is better, and if there is a better blade than these, what/where is it? Thanx much!!!
Lori
loriluvsxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 03:27 PM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've wondered about the 'dragon's flight of lake Dineshere myself. But I reckon you WILL be within the dragons flight ok, or there would be no point...

Have yet to do HOW myself. I have a team at the start of it, but wasn't very happy with them, so started over with brand new team...
Sorry to be so unhelpful!

BTW - I haven't seen your name on here before, so

WELCOME!!

------------------

Fljotsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2001, 04:19 PM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

The restored blade of Aihoen is all about HoW. Its kind of stragne how they put it in the game actually. You get it at the end of IWD so it works for the final battle. It also works in HoW, but you gotta import the item to get it there. Try talking to Tiernon the dwarven smith about it.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2001, 04:54 AM   #4
Lifetime
Red Dragon

The restored blade is definately better, unless you're facing salamanders. But Keep the blade for HOW. You get a cool upgrade, which once again, makes it a powerful sword to take into the final battle.

------------------
Why?
Lifetime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 09:05 AM   #5
Therro
Dungeon Master

Also, if you take the Singing Blade of Aihonen into the final battle, it opens some new dialogue with the big, bad, Dragon herself!

[This message has been edited by Therro (edited 06-04-2001).]
Therro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2001, 02:43 PM   #6
Axterix
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by loriluvsxs:
Dum de dum, this is probably a very obvious answer but, I have 2 swords, Alamion which is +3 or +5 vs Sallies, and the Restored blade of Aihonen which is +1 or +5 within a dragons flight of Lac Dinneshire. How do I know if I'm within a dragons flight of Lac Dinneshire? Which blade is better, and if there is a better blade than these, what/where is it? Thanx much!!!
Lori
Here's how you can tell... your thac0. Look at it with the sword, equipt a weapon with a known plus, and see the dif. Or I can make it easy for you. All areas are within a dragon's flight of the lake. HoW too. So just treat the sword as a +5 one, better all around than Alamion.

Axterix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 08:25 PM   #7
scuba_pup
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Fraid I like the +4 Long Sword of Action - gives you an extra attack per round - which combined with the ring of recklass action and the ring of the Warrior Thief gives you +3 att/round...
scuba_pup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2001, 09:18 PM   #8
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

This may be a spoiler, so:
Wasn't the broken sword of Aihonen given to Jehryn? Should I have kept the broken one, for repair? (I am a do-gooder dungeon crawler, so I gave it to him)

"Yeah, if 'do-gooder dungeon crawler' = WIMP!"

------------------
DawnChaser aka Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

DawnChaser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 07:19 PM   #9
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

nah, just make sure you talk to Jhonen when you get back to Easthaven.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 11:25 PM   #10
Windrunner
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Leafy is right when you return to Easthaven and speak with Jhonen again he tells you about another dream that he had, and that when he woke up the sword was fixed, and then he just hands it over. Ain't he such a wonderful guy. hehe
Windrunner is offline   Reply With Quote