Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-15-2002, 02:01 PM   #1
Tranquillity
Elite Waterdeep Guard

ok I have download the xp cap remover from this site.. I only have SoA at the moment.. I have read somewhere that your xp remover only raise your exp to like 8 million so although it means you get to level 40 but if you dual class you can only go to like 20/21??? or is this xp cap remover infinite so you can actually have level 39/40?

btw does anyone know how much xp you can get from doing EVERYTHING in SoA once? I doubt I can get to level 39/40 in one go of just SoA....

and can you use the same character to replay the game again like in BG1?
Old 11-15-2002, 02:06 PM   #2
Sir Exxon
Zartan

A better XP-cap Remover can be found at TeamBG. Go to the 'Tools'-section, and it'll be fairly easy to find.

Also, it is impossible to find out how much XP you can get. This is because of the XP-cap, which can at max make your characters to lvl 50, no longer.
Plus that many creatures are random, so you get different XP there too all the time.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 02:15 PM   #3
Tranquillity
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks but I have downloaded it. But I still dont understand.. does this mean that I can be level 49/50 level dual then?
Old 11-15-2002, 02:18 PM   #4
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Tranquillity:
Thanks but I have downloaded it. But I still dont understand.. does this mean that I can be level 49/50 level dual then?
I'm not quite sure on exactly how much XP you are allowed to have, but I think it means that a single class can be lvl 50.
It also depends on the class on how far they can get. Paladin, for an example, probably can't get that far, becuase they need more XP to level up. The Thief, however, which is one of the classes that requires least XP to level up, probably will reach lvl 50.
Old 11-15-2002, 03:19 PM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Tranquillity:
No.
All XP in all clases counts toward to XP cap. This means a single class character will *always* be higher level than a dual or multi classed character.

I have yet to see a mod that changes that, and I have a very big feeling that it`s unchangable.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2002, 05:48 PM   #6
NiceWorg
Baaz Draconian

The thought of 49/50 half orc barbarian/thief makes me shiver.

IT IS good to have the limit right there...
Old 11-15-2002, 06:01 PM   #7
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:

Unfortunatly barbarians can't be dualed in Baldur's Gate 2. That would be some combo though [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-15-2002, 06:11 PM   #8
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
quote:
Originally posted by NiceWorg:

Unfortunatly barbarians can't be dualed in Baldur's Gate 2. That would be some combo though [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I've always liked the thought Monk/Sorcerer. Monks are great warriors who can't wear armour, Sorcerers are great spellcasters who can't wear armour... Plus alot of great innate abilities. [img]smile.gif[/img]
What a powerhouse...