Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-01-2004, 05:05 PM   #1
Beef
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Cool Dude

I just finished the OC and, as the credits were rolling, I was left wondering:

What about the ending?

What happens to Aribeth, Aaron, the henchmen and Neverwinter?

What about the romances?

Where is the closure? The OC story was fun IMO, but the ending was a bit disappointing. Oh well, on to SoU, I suppose.
Beef<br /><br />=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=<br />We are all born with both gifts & shortcomings.<br />The smart people are the ones that learn to use their gifts.<br />The happy people are the ones that learn to accept their shortcomings.
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2004, 05:12 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

The ending of the NWN OC is sadly lacking, but one of the characters gets a decent closure in HotU and some of the others make an appearance as well.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:50 PM   #3
Albromor
Mephistopheles

Join the club, Beef! It seems a lot of these RPG games end this way, though some day I hope HotU can change my experience. At least Andrewas hints at this...
Albromor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2004, 03:05 AM   #4
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

The HOTU ending was well done also using cutscenes rather than extremely cheap looking movies...
Old 03-02-2004, 07:00 AM   #5
Stratos
Vampire

I recommend you to buy HotU, Beef. It answers most of your questions.
Old 03-04-2004, 03:30 AM   #6
Beef
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Already have it and SoU installed. I figured that I would go through SoU before HotU, though. Thanks for the affirmation all.
Beef<br /><br />=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=<br />We are all born with both gifts & shortcomings.<br />The smart people are the ones that learn to use their gifts.<br />The happy people are the ones that learn to accept their shortcomings.
Beef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2004, 05:43 AM   #7
H@CkER
Elite Waterdeep Guard

SOU ending was rubbish i found this expansion was not worth buying but more a download, i was happy with NWN's ending and the game was awesome.
H@CkER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 10:20 AM   #8
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Thank God and Bioware for Hordes of the Underdark. Great game and finally answered all of the questions of the OC. I loved SoU and HotU, some of the best games I have ever played.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:27 AM   #9
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by H@CkER:
SOU ending was rubbish i found this expansion was not worth buying but more a download, i was happy with NWN's ending and the game was awesome.
Well, I agree. SOU was cheap. It was rushed. There is evidence of that all the way through the expansion pack and in the toolset. It was like a big patch really. The CEP will undoubtebly be better than SOU ever was, and that's free.

HotU on the other hand was the exact opposite and done very well (as well as an XP can be IMHO). I still preferred the SOU OC though, it was short but concise and by the time HotU came round I was kinda jaded with modules for this game; you figure out the puzzle and then move on to the next puzzle.