Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2001, 12:05 AM   #1
Hana
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Double clicking on the ww.ico file asks me what program I should open it with. I dont think this is the file I should be using. What am I doing wrong?

Hana
Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2001, 12:28 AM   #2
Xignal76

A complete procedure to do this:

1) Use Windows Explorer to navigate to your WizardsWarriors folder on your system
2) Scroll down to deep6.exe, single-left-click on it to select it, right-click on it and drag it to your desktop
3) Select "Create Shortcut(s) Here" from the menu
4) Right-click on the resulting icon and select "Properties"
5) Edit the Target text box as above (such as c:\wizardswarriors\deep6.exe -light=n).
6) Click on the Change Icon button, click on OK, and then type in the path to the icon file (such as c:\WizardsWarriors\ww.ico)
7) Click on the Ok's to finish
Old 02-19-2001, 11:04 AM   #3
Hana
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The patch Readme indicates a switch you can add to the command line under properties of the W&W desktop icon. I am embarassed to say I dont know the name of the Desktop Icon...

I created a shortcut to ww.ico on my desktop but do not have a command line field when looking at its properties...

Q1 What is the file name of the Desktop Icon that I can place the paramater switch in?

Q2 Is there a space between "deep6.exe" and "-LIGHT=n"?

Thanks all!
Old 02-19-2001, 11:48 AM   #4
Xignal76

You should modify the contents of the Target text box of the shortcut. Yes, there should be a space for that light switch.
Old 02-19-2001, 02:05 PM   #5
Hana
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks so much for the entire steps, Rick! I guess the details was what I was missing. (sheepich grin)

I'm goin' in...

Hana
Old 02-19-2001, 02:22 PM   #6
dcch

Hana,

Now, this may NOT make any difference, BUT, when I tried to add the "light" parameter to my destop icon's properties for WW... it would NOT work, unless I left the original line "C:\Activision\WizardWarriors\deep6.exe" inside the parenthesis, and the -LIGHT=12 AFTER it, like this

"C:\Activision\WizardWarriors\deep6.exe"-LIGHT=12

So, if you didn't get it working the other way... try this, it worked for me!

Good luck,
dh