Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 09:08 PM   #11
Magnus

What Tarweed said!
Plus, I think that once you ID an item it should tell you automatically what it is. It just gets a little stupid to ID 100 short swords etc. and I like right clicking an item and then have the window close when you release the mouse button. Also when buying and selling and someone has the merchant skill, everyone should be able to have the same benefit. It just saves all the transfering of items to that character. This does not have to apply for training (altough it would be nice).
P.S. I don't much like jumping, climbing etc. in these games that's why I like turn based. I just don't want to win or lose a combat or game 'cos I didn't push a key at the right time.
I do prefer the turn based element but I like the way M&M did it so I could turn it on as soon as I encountered an enemy (and they didn't run right up to me) and I could plan my stradegy better.
Old 01-31-2001, 10:53 PM   #12
Moni

Magnus agreed"
"so I could turn it on as soon as I
encountered an enemy (and they didn't run right up to me) and I could plan my stradegy better."

I spent a lot of playing time seeing monsters run up on me before I could even ready a spell and felt like I missed out on a lot of potentially lethal use of magic.
Hot keys for spells would be another good idea as would a greater distance to see on the horizon.
: )
Moni
Old 01-31-2001, 11:36 PM   #13
Nukester
Welcomed New User

I would MOST certainly buy a sequel to this game !

I cut my teeth in the CRGP sccene with Wizardry 1 Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord. I have played probably 75% of the CRGP's that have been released (although I have only actually finished about 1%). I've played the Utima series, M&M, Bards Tales, eye of the Beholders, All the Gold Box games, Stonekeep, Fallouts, and some obscure junk too. The Wizardry series is the ones that I ALWAYS compare the other games too. I almost fainted when I saw the Wizardry Archives box.

Just recently I was looking for a new game to start playing. I really didn't have much money cause it was right around Christmas, so I took a look at what I had already. I loaded up M&M 7. Hated the combat. Too much. Uninstalled. I loaded up Baldurs Gate (for about the 6th time). Just did not like it. Uninstalled by the 3rd chapter. Loaded up Fallout 2. Was ok for a bit (better combat mechanics than BG), until I yearned for my Elves, Trolls, and Dwarves again. Played Everquest for a bit , but that got boring (kill,sit,kill,sit,chat,chat,chat), although I do still play that occasionally. All the while I was eying up the Wizards and Warriors game. DWB had impressed me in the past, and I knew he was into quality CRPG experiences. When the time came that I could purchase the game, I snatched it right up...........Ive been hooked since !

Sure I have the occasional boot to desktop. I get that in alot of games. Sure I can only play in 640x480 resolution. The graphics in that setting are still better than alot of games. Bottom line is, this game is everything I was looking for. The "First person perspective" plus turn based combat of the old Wizardrys is without a doubt my favorite type of gaming. The game also moves along at a nice pace, without boring the player to death. On top of that, you get a top notch STORY ! Thats why I play these games in the first place. I want an interactive "novel" in the computer. DBW delivers that EVERY time !
Nukester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 12:21 AM   #14
Skie

Ive got to agree with all of you here, been playing this game for about a month now and
for the first time in my gaming life, I haven't even bother to try other games(ok maybe ive played NBA 2k but its of a different genre). A WW2 of course I'll support it 100%, Ive even urging a friend of mine to get it.The truth is another friend of mine told me not to get this game because of bugs but since BG2 proved too easy(what with your character starting at level 7), Ive given it a try and guess what, Im surprised that I enjoyed it a lot, I have not even noticed those bugs, until I began reading this great forum.So to the creators of this fantastic game, please dont abandon any plan for the sequel ..plsssss..

Skie
Old 02-01-2001, 04:38 AM   #15
TarlA42

I guess I'll officially get on this bandwagon also.
I've been playing crpg's for about 15 years now, and W&W's is probably my favorite. I remember playing Proving Grounds of the Mad Overlord for many,many,many hours on a monochrome monitor. I spent hundreds of hours playing Wizardry 7. W&W's gameplay and graphics is smooth, attractive and very addictive. I would most definately purchase a "Sequel". I have found W&W very fun.
In a sequel I would like to see a "camp" feature.
More varieties of monsters. One of my favorite parts of these games is seeing something coming towards you that you've never seen before.
All and all...
Two thumbs up.
Tarl Andersen
Old 02-01-2001, 08:18 AM   #16
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Picking up the baton :

I thoroughly enjoyed this game, and the hours and hours of amusement it gave me. 1st person perspective games are the way I like my RPG's, and this is the best I have yet come across of this type. Wiz 8 promises a similar experience, and I am awaiting that release. I would similarly buy any sequel of W&W, and have widely recommended it to my friends. Keep up the good work DWB and Heuristic Park.

Passing the baton ......
Davros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 08:59 AM   #17
carg
The Magister

Picking up the baton :
I WANT MORE, I WANT MORE!
There are a lot of quirks, design flaws and bugs that I would like to see fixed, but still, I can't remember another game that I've played four times through. Would esp. like some more challenge on the setting 'hard', like monsters doing more physical damage and using higher level spells.

Passing the baton ......

By the way, anyone taking the responsibility of sending this to HP? Dwarf perhaps? (you started the thread)
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 10:04 AM   #18
Serath
Manshoon

I thought W&W was a great game despite the flaws listed in this thread, and I would not have to think twice about purchasing a sequel. Bring it on!

Scott Russell (aka Serath)
Serath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 11:47 AM   #19
teefha

More??? Yes!!! More is the best word!!!
It's a fine game. A very fine game!! And so i want MORE!!!

teefha
Old 02-01-2001, 01:18 PM   #20
Silence

Another W&W game is a must!!