Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2004, 09:10 AM   #1
Tarlanon
Manshoon

It's here! It's here!

Everyone get your virtual paintbrushes going, the 1st every DC art contest has begun!

Get your name in lights! Show off your talent! And help make Dungeon Craft a better product in the process!

The contest is now open for submissions.

Contest details, rules, etc. can be found here :

http://home.earthlink.net/~tarlanon/id2.html

Now get crackin'! And good luck to everyone!
Old 11-10-2004, 05:28 PM   #2
manikus
Jack Burton

This is great news.

I'll get cracking, and send you my 20 best.

-manikus
Old 11-12-2004, 02:36 PM   #3
Tarlanon
Manshoon

Well....

I don't know whether to be frightened, or worried or joyful.

Since the Contest went live, there have been only a handful of responses to the posts opening the contests, both on these boards and some e-mails.

Either no one cares and we'll get 6 icons total for the whole contest....Or everyone is so busy getting their entries ready that I am going to be quickly overwhelmed with the hundreds of responses to our 1st art contest, so much so I have to quit my job and sell my kids to get the icons processed in time for voting.

I guess I'll see in a week or so.
Old 11-12-2004, 03:51 PM   #4
manikus
Jack Burton

Well, I've got good news and bad news. Shall I start with the bad news?
The bad news, by the way, might actually not even apply. So I guess it's good news and a neutral those possibly discouraging bit of observation. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
The observation first, then- FRUA has a very hard time getting submissions for it's art contests. I think they stopped doing them a couple of news letters back for this very reason. And, since the FRUA community is roughly four times as large as the DC community...
But, and it's a big but, (for all of you people who like big buts [img]smile.gif[/img] ) there appear to be about as many active artists in this community as in the FRUA community. I could name names, but that can wait till closer to the deadline.

The good news is that I can beat your estimate of six with the ones that I have ready. I'm aiming to enter the max and have at least one from each category except halflings. They are so small and delicate...
Susan said that she had two icons ready and was working on more.
Sounds like good news to me!

I had another question. (I know, I know) What about original icons that have already been posted on the artists personal website? (Here's the part where I start naming names.) Ziroc, Kaltusara, Steve McDonald, Twilight King, Joerg Weber, Susan Putney and maybe some others all have excellent work already available. Can they choose to submit some of their own work?

-manikus
Old 11-12-2004, 04:01 PM   #5
Tarlanon
Manshoon

To answer your 3rd question, Absolutely! If you have already have art, please feel free to submit it!

The main idea behind this effort is to increase amount (and quality) of the art currently packaged with DC. If you have already done some work, please PLEASE feel free to submit it (of course, as long as it meets the requirements for originality, of course).

It doesn't have to be brand spanking new for this contest.

I am going to update the contest details to say as much. Can someone please post this update to the Yahooooooo forums for me so everyone there knows they can submit what they have already created?

Thanks!
Old 11-12-2004, 04:10 PM   #6
manikus
Jack Burton

I'll post this over there momentarily.

The more this gets talked about, the better.

-manikus
Old 11-16-2004, 07:59 AM   #7
SilentThief
Symbol of Cyric

Burger Time Champion
I was wondering why the end of contest date? As Nov 18th, is that given from the almighty 'Spud, or a date you chose? The reason I'm asking is I'm not able to get the friggin' laptop running and prolly won't be able to any time soon, So I prolly won't be able to participate in the show this time. I'm sure this won't be the last (I hope... ) and I wanna get in on the fun as soon as possible, but can't until laptop fixed.

I will prolly still give up some icons when I get the computer running, even if too late for the contest, simply as I think there should be more art & sounds available to the potential DC mod-maker.

Silenced but not gone
SilentThief
Old 11-16-2004, 09:07 AM   #8
Tarlanon
Manshoon

Silent Theif,

I gave that date because the almighty CocoaSpud was thinking about getting a new release of the almightier DC around Thanksgiving. I do realise that is wasn't very much time.

If worse comes to worse and there really aren't many submissions I might extend the date some, to early to tell yet though.

Although don't worry. While it would be unfortunate if you weren't able to participate in this one, there will likely be others afterwards.

Here's hoping you get your laptop fixed soon! [img]smile.gif[/img]