Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-10-2005, 05:15 PM   #11
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Yes. Are they big? No. And most of the force being exerted on them are on the table, or equally spread on all the side and pavilion facets. Of You exert force to two opposide girdle sides, the diamond breaks into thousands little rightlyformed pieces.

[ 07-10-2005, 05:17 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:25 PM   #12
ZFR
Legion Symbol

OK, diamonds aside,
and assuming scimitar is brittle [EDIT: of this I'm not convinced either. Scimitars break easily? but I dont claim excessive knowledge in medieval weapons],
why do you claim it is more durable than longsword? shouldnt a sword be more durable if scimitars are brittle?

[ 07-10-2005, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: ZFR ]
Old 07-10-2005, 05:33 PM   #13
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Scimitars are wider along it's slashing side, meaning when it hits a material face on, it has a good backing to withstand the blow and not break or bend. But when hit on the side by something heavy or strong, it can break on occasion.
If you just leave them somewhere to rust out, a longsword will become unservicable(if old and rustable) whereas a scimitar can still be used to cut a few people before it breaks. New weapons aside, as new longswords don't rust and new scimitars will bend rather than break. In new conditions, a cutting side of the scimitar against a cutting side of a longsword, the scimitar has a better chance of not breaking because it is wider at the end of the blade.
Old 07-10-2005, 05:52 PM   #14
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
How to Care for your Diamonds

Diamonds are often thought to be unshatterable. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Here are some useful handling and care tips.

* Diamonds are brittle: If you hit a diamond hard, they WILL crack or chip if mishandled. Don't wear your diamond when doing rough work.
http://66.249.93.104/search?q=cache:...ient=firefox-a
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 04:47 AM   #15
DieZel
Welcomed New User

The scimitar is very durable, as a matter of fact, cos it is light and fast and it is not very likely to hit metal objects. The only way a warrior with a scimitar to win a battle is to kill his oponent as quickly as possible and therefore his scimitar will not suffer any damage. However, if you use a scimitar to defend yourself and it takes direct hits by a stronger weapon (assuming a longsword), it will break easily. I don't know why I'm even posting this, cos Bozos of Bones already said most of it, but let's hope this will help somebody understand it better.
Old 07-11-2005, 05:39 AM   #16
Bithron
Baaz Draconian

Scimitar.

I just can't stop liking it...
Although, if I have a choice I would choose a warhammer or mace or a morningstar...
What can I say I'm a beating sort of guy..
Old 07-11-2005, 07:41 AM   #17
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Scimitar, mainly because I dont have the arm strength to wield a longsword to its best capacity. Generally I would prefer a faster slashing weapon over a slower chopping weapon.
Old 07-11-2005, 01:53 PM   #18
Iron Greasel
Fzoul Chembryl

From those two a scimitar, but I'd take a rapier over both anyday. If I need to defeat someone heavily armoured I'll lose regardless of my chosen weapon.

Bozos, I am nearly stunned by the owerflowing and bottomless well that is your knowledge.

ZFR, I am shocked, appalled, dismayed, and offended by your misuse of the expression "LOLOLOLOL". Never do that again lest the acronym beast devour you.
Old 07-11-2005, 02:13 PM   #19
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Why thank you Iron Greasel [img]smile.gif[/img]
I make it a hobby to know trivia and all kinds of stuff. Never know when aliens might attack the planet and I just happen to be the only man who can save th earth by combining a diamond to a piece of wood and a rubber spring to create an ion cannon that will destroy the alien mothership and send them back from where they came from [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-11-2005, 07:12 PM   #20
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Bozos of Bones:
Why thank you Iron Greasel [img]smile.gif[/img]
I make it a hobby to know trivia and all kinds of stuff. Never know when aliens might attack the planet and I just happen to be the only man who can save th earth by combining a diamond to a piece of wood and a rubber spring to create an ion cannon that will destroy the alien mothership and send them back from where they came from [img]tongue.gif[/img]
But first you must grow a mullet that would make even MacGyver proud.