Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-18-2005, 04:05 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

Question Mark

Just finished preparing dinner ...

As usually happens, Azrey'lle the supreme-mistress-of-the-house cat teleported to my ankles, sniffing the air.

And as also usually happens, I offered her a sniff of whatever food substance I happen to be holding. If it's something a cat does not normally eat, such as raw potato, tofu, or onion, she stalks off with an offended glare, leaving me in peace to prepare dinner - free from the risk of tripping over her as she twists her way around my feet. If the food is a known kitty treat, she gets a small amount of it in her dish, also to gain some clear space in the kitchen.

Tonight, she asked for, and received, a sniff of coconut milk powder. To my surprise she knocked the measuring spoon from my hand, and began lapping up the spilt powder, purring loudly in the process.

Coconut milk powder? After 14 years, have I stumbled across her ultimate kitty treat?

What strange things does your cat eat?
Old 07-18-2005, 04:49 AM   #2
Pop 'n Fresh
Manshoon

I dont have a cat but my dog eats her own faeces, well use to until we trained her not to.
[img]\"http://img79.imageshack.us/img79/5936/sbadfurday00037fg.png\" alt=\" - \" /><br />BRING ME SOME SWEETCORN!<br /><br />What do the Enterprise and toilet paper have in common? They both circle Uranus in search of klingons
Pop 'n Fresh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 04:57 AM   #3
Sigmar
Unicorn

My cat eats random leaves from my garden, it's actually quite funny.
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 05:09 AM   #4
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Pixie used to eat whatever I ate. Including toasted cheese sandwiches. I miss giving her bits of my lunch.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:07 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Inga loves buttered english muffins, but not plain ones...methinks it's the butter she's really fond of. Merlin has been known to swat raw green beans out of my hands as I snap them before cooking. He will eat them or gnaw on them depending on his mood and state of hunger.

Coconut milk powder... LOL...yes, that's an odd one!
Old 07-18-2005, 12:14 PM   #6
ShaddowKatMKII
Elite Waterdeep Guard

A cat we had used to love the 3D Doritos. I'd scatter a few in front him and proceed to watch.

He'd extend his claws, sink them into the treat, and bring his paw, firmly holding the dorito, up to his mouth, and then proceed to eat it. The process would then be repeated again and again until they were gone. Of course, if I made the mistake of leaving the bag accessible, he'd stick his paw in there as well...

Now I'm not sure WHY this really suprised me, afterall, this was the cat that figured out how to open a window to let himself out. I'm sure he could have learned to shut it as well, but hey... that's a cat for you, only doing what THEY want to do and nothing for anyone else unless it amuses them...
ShaddowKatMKII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 01:14 PM   #7
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Abby loves Peas. We discovered this when giving some to the fish (helps with swim bladder or something, they're not my fish, so I don't remember)... Oshie, she eats EVERYTHING, food or not, including carpet, which we are really trying to stop
Old 07-18-2005, 03:54 PM   #8
Lucern
Quintesson

We don't give Max any extra food (aside from the cat food), so he gets creative. Every couple of weeks he goes on cobweb duty, going underneath the cabinets and feasting on webs and whatever can be found in webs. He can catch moths for a tasty treat, and best of all, beetle legs. He won't eat the rest of the beetle.

So he's something of an insectivore.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2005, 07:40 PM   #9
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Sox tends to eat whatever I'm having, unless I hide away while I eat she jumps on my lap and starts pinching stuff off my plate.

Ripp, he's more prone to eating other cats.
Old 07-18-2005, 07:43 PM   #10
Sir Goulum
John Locke

My grandma's cat eats lettuce, and only from close to the base(the crunchy part), and only from a certain brand. And it must be washed with water first. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote