Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-31-2002, 09:04 PM   #41
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Dagorion:
Ah, yes well Australia is a beutiful country buy i was basing my speech on the fact that people from other countrys saw us as lazy, beer drinking people who say "bloody hell" a lot. But knowing that you dont is better. At least noone is going to start talking to their friends in the middle of me saying my speech about how much of an idiot i am and that thats not how you see us at all but thanks to you i will be saved that embarrasment
Beer drinking lazy people would be the last image to cross my mind.
I'll go with the Cro hunter garb, including the hiking boots and wide brimmed hat (turned up on one side of course lol).
I see people like Mel Gibson, Heath Ledger, & Yorick....adventurer's at heart, you can see it in their eyes.
The aborgines...freedom loving earth dwellers at heart...people who are one with their environment.
Not that this is at all in time for you to put it in your report but I took a napasaurus (a 12 hour *cough*nap*cough*) yesterday and have been working all day today on things I wanted to get done last night. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-31-2002, 09:07 PM   #42
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

I keep thinking of those british Elephant hunters. With their Shoulder breaking, Eyeball popping .460 Weatherby Magnum Rifles. With the brim hat with the one brim folded up. And the guy getting an elephant and saying "I'd like to see a Mauser do THAT!" Then, a German hunter does the same thing, stop an Elephant in full flight, by blasting it right between the eyes with a Mauser 98, hunters style, and calling the hunter a 'dunkov.' Wait, that actually happened. Australians. I picture Americans, with the same griped about leadership, vaguely English accents, and a tan. Australia, now I'm not sure where I heard this, I could be wrong, but I heard Australia was kinda sunny. Like Arizona, but with less radiation.
Old 08-31-2002, 09:12 PM   #43
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
I don't think there's any one thing that an "Aussie" looks like, physically. To profile them, I'd say that they were friendly, gregarious, espouse national pride, extremely sports-oriented, possessing sangfroid, slightly arrogant, and tend to go wild at parties.

In short, not unlike your average Texan.

-Sazerac
Well thank goodness I am not an average Texan! I'd be worn out LOL!

Old 08-31-2002, 10:37 PM   #44
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Someone mentioned Heath Ledger? *drools*

A surfboard in one hand, and a fosters in the other? Thats me in...4 years! booya
Old 09-01-2002, 05:49 PM   #45
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Lady Blue03:
Have you seen Heath Ledger recently? He's freekin' BALD!
What a goombah, to shave off all those beautiful curls!
My son did the same thing...what possesses people? [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2002, 06:09 PM   #46
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:

A surfboard in one hand, and a fosters in the other? Thats me in...4 years! booya
You'll probably have a can of beer in both hands in four years.
Old 09-01-2002, 08:05 PM   #47
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

*Punches him with her left hand while holding her margarita in the right*
How dare you! Yu dun no whut yor talcin abut.....because im more likely to have a snowboard and a Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Old 09-02-2002, 06:01 AM   #48
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Moni:
quote:
Have you seen Heath Ledger recently? He's freekin' BALD!
What a goombah, to shave off all those beautiful curls!
My son did the same thing...what possesses people? [img]graemlins/1dizzy.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]They become "unfashionable"
Old 09-02-2002, 07:30 AM   #49
Lord Shield

tie me kangaroo down, sport, tie me kangaroo down [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 09-02-2002, 07:35 AM   #50
DiabloRex
Elminster

Actually I think of the aborigans (sp?).