Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2002, 08:12 PM   #21
Chewbacca
Zartan

yeah, we shouldnt speak out against things like police brutality or unfair labor practices, we should all bend over and get f**ked when we are told to and every one should beleive the exact same thing.

Thanks for the link.

a Homo-Sapien.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:25 PM   #22
Oblivion437
Baaz Draconian

How much of what they 'report' actually happens? 10%? 20%? Photoshop, Bias, video editors, and other such factors indicate that this whole thing is really fake, or mostly fake. Unfair labor practices? Do you live in the US? If you do your way of life would be impossible without it.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:27 PM   #23
Moni

Silence IS Defeat.

Old 07-29-2002, 08:33 PM   #24
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion437:
How much of what they 'report' actually happens? 10%? 20%? Photoshop, Bias, video editors, and other such factors indicate that this whole thing is really fake, or mostly fake. Unfair labor practices? Do you live in the US? If you do your way of life would be impossible without it.
I must agree with what Oblivion says here.
Old 07-29-2002, 08:39 PM   #25
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
quote:
Originally posted by Oblivion437:
I must agree with what Oblivion says here.[/QUOTE]Its speculation at best.

Old 07-29-2002, 08:45 PM   #26
Chewbacca
Zartan

oh, yeah police brutality never happens...its all made up by photoshop. And since I'm an American I cant stand for/against anything because some other American has probably done it, so I'd be a hypocryte.

To think we can channel our energies to make the world a little bit better place, or at least expose injustice, or we can waste time critisizing those that do and accomplish diddly squat nada.

BTW: There is a link to "Food not Bombs" on that website, if anyone cares to check it out. That organization distributes food to the homeless every weekend at the Boston Common. Or do we create homeless people in photoshop as well?
Old 07-29-2002, 08:47 PM   #27
Neb

Chewbacca, he didn't say that it was ALL faked. But that possibly not all of it was real and that sometimes things were left out and biased in favour of the Anarchists. But of course that can't be real, since everything is only ever biased towards the fascist regime and everyone who fights it is so good and nice [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-29-2002, 08:54 PM   #28
norompanlasolas

well, i cant comment on the site cause i do not know them or their actions. maybe they are spoiled little kids speaking out of their asses, maybe they actually put their chests were their words are.

i can comment on what i have lived and live here in spain though. i live in the heart of madrid, the neighbourhood lavapies, which is one of the most cultural and ethnically diverse of the city. my building is practically occupied with friends and we share everything, though not in a strictly okupa (squatter) sense. i do live a block away from an okupied building, with close friends of mine living there. so i do know what im talking about when referring to combating police, brutality on their part and fighting the state. im not talking out of my ass or rephrasing what i have read in a book.

my parents were political prisoners in argentina in the mid70s, both being in jail (my dad for 3 years) and only saving their lives cause they were convicted just before the coup de etat and therefore were in a legal status. all because they supported the "commie" ideas. they didnt belong to a terrorist organisation, they just had ties with the more extreme part of the peronist party (montoneros), which later were forced to combat the murderous state along some other organisations like erp (revolutionary peoples army), etc.

lots of their friends were murdered or "disappeared", tortured to death and then thrown in the depths of the rio de la plata. exile followed, then the return with democracy, but things were never the same. i came to madrid 3 years ago, and have felt the tolerance of the right wing government of spanish president aznar in my own skin.

i do not resent the remark "commie idiot". it was a war then it hasnt changed. capitalist ignorant conformists pigs resort to silencing their opposition by intimidation or by their guns... ive come never expect anything better from them to tell you the truth. btw, im not a communist. it never worked and probably never will. being a leftist comes a long way to being a communist. anybody who has read at least a tiny bit of history can tell you that.
Old 07-30-2002, 05:44 AM   #29
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

Unfortunately, all sides can fake evidence and not tell the whole story. Everybody can make themselves look nicer. Even major newspapers often withhold information (sometimes in order to make the story look 'bigger'). So it's always better to look for more sources of information.

About the site. Yes, there may be lots of teenage anarchists there, but if you look around, you can see that everyone can post an article. Which means that there are also a couple of calm smart people there that know what they're saying.
Oh, and one more thing. More than those teenage anarchists that think they're cool and I see on the page (yes, I agree, some of them are real idiots) I am more afraid of a man that wrote an article I found on the page (the one that posted it isn't the one that wrote it). Here is the link:

http://www.raisethefist.com/news.cgi...733t4a.article

Spela.
Old 07-30-2002, 06:06 AM   #30
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
I am personally disgusted by the site. I am a patriot.
Which means what? That since you're a patriot you think that anything against the government or which suggest that it sucks and should be replaced is bad? Or that the US never makes mistakes and anyone that says so is a terrorist and must die?

Quote:
Originally posted by dizzy:
I think Our government could be much better, but its the best one out there. People don't have to stay in a country they hate.
You can dislike the government without disliking the country, ever consider that?

And it's the best government how? Because it "fights terrorism"? A fake war which can never be won and is basically just an excuse to do whatever they want under the cover of "fighting terrorism"?

Because you have a president which gives us lovely memorable quotes?

"Pollution isn't the problem. Impurities in our air and water are."
-George W. Bush

"More and more of our imports come from abroad!"
-George W. Bush

Yup, really great.....