Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-14-2002, 03:31 PM   #41
Arnabas
Baaz Draconian

Sigh... I wish we could get some heat here. It seems like the calendar is off by about 2 months up here. It's more like April than June. I have been waiting for some warmth, but all we get is cool weather and rain. Normally it's much warmer than it is now.
Old 06-14-2002, 03:42 PM   #42
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Well, the ONE good thing about the Texas heat is that the girls all wear a LOT less during the day! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

(The guys do, too, but I'm not interested in that! )

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Old 06-14-2002, 06:31 PM   #43
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

I don't get to see the sun anymore except for on weekends! I have to wear a jacket to work year round because they keep the air freezing for the computers. At home I always have the AC on, and in my car I run the AC all day as well. The only chance I really have to get hot is during my lunch break I suppose.

I'll go down to the beach on weekends, but it's always 10-15 degrees cooler out there so it's not that big a deal.
\"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his.\"<br />-General George Patton (1885-1945)<br /> <br />Member of CLAN HADB<br />Founder of The Anti Clan Coalition
Old 06-14-2002, 06:34 PM   #44
Epona
Zartan

I have to say this, please forgive me. When I first saw the title of this thread, I misread it by one letter. Excuse me while I try to drag my mind out of the gutter [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 06:37 PM   #45
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Epona!! That's so out of character!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Anyway, us lot are all so very innocent, we haven't the foggiest on what you are talking about. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-14-2002, 10:07 PM   #46
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Well, the ONE good thing about the Texas heat is that the girls all wear a LOT less during the day!
Hehe the same Zas here the girls dont have mutch clotes on theyr bodys hehe and that is WERY nice! Sometimes we cant work because the girls are swarming around us on the streets in the city and we MUST look at them! hohoho!
Old 06-16-2002, 07:47 AM   #47
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

Saz,

I had this same conversation with my brother a couple of years ago. Like you, I also said that 1980 was hotter than 1981. He told me "Nope, look in the farmers almanac." So I did. He was right. I remember looking it up and thinking "THATS a load of CRAP." At least according to the book 81 is the hottest on record with 1980 a close second. I still feel that 1980 was hottest of the two. Maybe I got used to the heat that summer and 1981 was no big deal after going through the heat of 1980.

If you can get a hold of one look it up for me because Id love to be able to tell my brother "WRONG [img]smile.gif[/img] " He loves it when hes right. Which is next to never [img]smile.gif[/img] except when it comes to cars, and then hes ALWAYS right [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2002, 07:56 AM   #48
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by Earthdog:
Saz,

I had this same conversation with my brother a couple of years ago. Like you, I also said that 1980 was hotter than 1981. He told me "Nope, look in the farmers almanac." So I did. He was right. I remember looking it up and thinking "THATS a load of CRAP." At least according to the book 81 is the hottest on record with 1980 a close second. I still feel that 1980 was hottest of the two. Maybe I got used to the heat that summer and 1981 was no big deal after going through the heat of 1980.

If you can get a hold of one look it up for me because Id love to be able to tell my brother "WRONG [img]smile.gif[/img] " He loves it when hes right. Which is next to never [img]smile.gif[/img] except when it comes to cars, and then hes ALWAYS right [img]smile.gif[/img]
I'll go with 1980 too!
I remember it well. [img]smile.gif[/img]
That summer I rode a motorcycle from Cincinnati to Tucson (in July...shut up!).
I arrived with blisters on my arms and I STILL have dry patches of skin on the inside of my ankles where they got literally baked from the heat of the bike.

I was in Hawaii until May '81 so maybe I was used to some heat and humidity by the time I returned to the mideast, but I don't remember it being anywhere near as hot as 1980 was!

Old 06-16-2002, 08:40 AM   #49
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Moni were you that girl in Hawaii that whispered....(that) in my ear and we snuck off and she did....(something) to me and then we did....(it) and then we were....(there) until it all came together .....(then). Uhhhhh.......(thanks)...... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-16-2002, 09:32 AM   #50
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazerac:
quote:
Originally posted by Lord of Alcohol:
Hmmm all you people work indoors right? Tough walk to the car? LOL Beating the heat means rolling the tools out at 6 am. That would be outside. When the fireball comes up its gonna be hot! When the crane comes (like yesterday) it means your there till its done. Like 11 1/2 hours in the code-red ozone heat. [img]smile.gif[/img] Code-red means NOTHING if you work outside. Anyone want to come work with me? [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
No thanks, LoA!!! *whew!*

-Saz
[/QUOTE]Don't know how you do it LofA. I wouldn't want to work outside, no way.

We've actually had a cool spell here the last couple of days and it feels great. I hate the 90's and muggy.