Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-24-2002, 02:25 PM   #1
Sir Exxon
Zartan

This is the story of the Easter-bunny and the Easter-eggs origin. It also tells about how the constellation Orion, the Scorpion, Ursa Big and Ursa Small came into beeing.
I'm not sure I fully remember, so a few details might be changed, but I'll do my best:

In the Greek mythologi, it tells about the great hunter and halfgod Orion. He went around in his forest, killing every animal he saw. And once, he came to a little bird and it's nest, in the start of the Spring.
"Ohh please dont hurt my eggs!", the bird begged. But Orion just laughed, and destroyed the eggs. That made the little bird very sad. So then, the goddess of the Spring, Osteria, came to it, and asked:
"Why are you so sad, little bird?"
"It's Orion," the bird replied. "He came and destroyed all my eggs!"
"Ohh, I understand that that must be hard. Is there anything I can do?"
"Yes, there is," the bird said. "If you could make me to a animal that can run as fast as the wind, so I can escape Orion."
"That I can do." Osteria blew at the bird. Suddenly, the bird began to get large feet, and long ears. And its beak became so flat. "There you go, little friend."
"Oh, thank you thank you!". The bird, or bunny as it now was, started jumping around of joy.
So then the time went. Every time Orion came, the rabbit jumped from it.
But then, one day, two bears came to the rabbit.
"*sigh* Orion has ruined our home! You must help us killing him!", the bears said to the rabbit.
"No, I cannot help you. He is too big. But we can ask Mother Earth to help us!"
So then, the three animals begged Mother Earth about help. And help they did get. She sent a Scorpion to them. So the three animals sneak out in the night, over to Orion, and let the Scorpion kill it. And that it did. Orion died immidiatly.
But that made Orions mother very sad. So she sent him up to the sky, together with the Scorpion and the two bears.
----After a year, when the Spring came again, Osteria found the rabbit sitting there again, looking very sad.
"What is it now, little friend?", she asked.
"It's just that I miss breeding so much!"
"Oh, nothing else," Osteria replied. Again, she blew on the rabbit.
Immidiatly, the rabbit felt something beneath it.
"An egg!", the rabbit yelled out in happiness.
"Yes, an egg. You can now lay eggs once per year, at this time every year. Osteria went off, so the rabbit sat there again alone. Well, not alone, she had her egg. An egg that gave the rabbit the best feeling she had ever had.
THE END

see ya!
Old 03-24-2002, 07:22 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I think the movie 'Charlie Brown and the Easter Beagle' is better.
Old 03-25-2002, 01:15 AM   #3
LennonCook
Jack Burton

So thats the Greek explanation of Scorpio and the Hunter Orion ... always wondered that... now if I could get my hands on an explanation for the other star signs, id be in the ellisian fields

[ 03-29-2002, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: LennonCook ]
Old 03-25-2002, 01:57 AM   #4
noelemaC
Dungeon Master

Don't know what stuper sir exxon was in at the momment, but from this to that, I prefer Charlie Brown too. Tell us oh wise one, from what memory have you recalled this from? What book, poem, Sunday Cartoon or last flashback it was?
Old 03-25-2002, 09:47 AM   #5
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by noelemaC:
Don't know what stuper sir exxon was in at the momment, but from this to that, I prefer Charlie Brown too. Tell us oh wise one, from what memory have you recalled this from? What book, poem, Sunday Cartoon or last flashback it was?
Silence! Be quiet and hear the wise one speak... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Well, this story was told to me by my history-teacher, who knows such freaky things.
Was that an accepted answer, oh non-wise one? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

see ya!
Old 03-25-2002, 09:56 AM   #6
Sir Goulum
John Locke

Charlie Brown is better. That is my final answer!
Old 03-26-2002, 08:58 AM   #7
Jorath Calar
Harper

Oh, I always thought that Jesus had been resurrected as a bunny and handed chocolate eggs to everybody... well you live, you learn
Old 03-26-2002, 09:34 AM   #8
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

If you like another one..

http://wilstar.com/holidays/easter.htm

Sounds better to me at least since here you got the name Easter explained and all..

http://wilstar.com/holidays/easter.htm

And just because I´m such a nice wolf (and plan to eat the easter bunny this year) I will add another link about easter fool origin!

http://wilstar.com/holidays/aprilfool.htm

Don´t eat the yellow snow
Old 03-26-2002, 12:51 PM   #9
MagiK

Quote:
Originally posted by Jorath Calar:
Oh, I always thought that Jesus had been resurrected as a bunny and handed chocolate eggs to everybody... well you live, you learn
Umm that would have been re-incarnation not resurection. Charlie brown and the Easter Beagle is the story for me [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-26-2002, 05:43 PM   #10
Downunda
Set - Egyptian God of Chaos

*shrugs* Happy Easter everyone [img]smile.gif[/img]