Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2001, 07:44 PM   #11
jabidas
Silver Dragon

This is my rant against the reality of life and music today whats your problem with it. Music fans my ass

------------------
Old 06-06-2001, 08:00 PM   #12
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
This is my rant against the reality of life and music today whats your problem with it. Music fans my ass

Because it is getting close to flaming and offending some people

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-06-2001, 08:07 PM   #13
jabidas
Silver Dragon

I didnt write it as an insult and it was not my intention to offend antone that done with anything else

------------------
Old 06-06-2001, 08:14 PM   #14
AzureWolf
20th Level Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by jabidas:
I didnt write it as an insult and it was not my intention to offend antone that done with anything else

Hey its np I myself are not offended im just saying some others mite be. its cool man

------------------

"I was born of darkness. My fathers eyes closed before mine opened. I am not of this world or the other, and I have the right to be what I am..."

"I've put my trust in you, pushed as far as I can go. For all this theres only one thing you should know....."
Old 06-07-2001, 01:08 AM   #15
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Personally what's the deal with mainstream/non-mainstream music? The truth of the matter is good music is good music. I hate to see cool bands get overplayed and mainstreamed as much as anyone, but Blink 182 is good music no matter how popular they get.
Anyone listen to Lifehouse? I just hated it when some shmuck requested it on the radio and all of a sudden all these posers are asking for the song and downloading the song. Its just spoiled. I guess musiclovers are a selfish bunch
I still like the song but that exclusivity of knowing something others don't is gone.

And about Pop groups..there's no real need to hate them or want them gone. Their own moneymaking popularity eventually becomes their undoing sooner or later. They don't survive long in an industry populated by people who do what they do with a lil'bit of heart.
Besides..without pop groups, everyone would be listening to the cool stuff and god knows what would happen then

------------------
Why?

[This message has been edited by Lifetime (edited 06-07-2001).]
Old 06-07-2001, 01:34 AM   #16
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:

My favorite Punk "Anthem" would be Brohymn by Pennywise though.

Except for the third verse where that whiny scratchy voiced guy sings though

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!
Old 06-07-2001, 02:31 AM   #17
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
Personally what's the deal with mainstream/non-mainstream music? The truth of the matter is good music is good music. I hate to see cool bands get overplayed and mainstreamed as much as anyone, but Blink 182 is good music no matter how popular they get.
Anyone listen to Lifehouse? I just hated it when some shmuck requested it on the radio and all of a sudden all these posers are asking for the song and downloading the song. Its just spoiled. I guess musiclovers are a selfish bunch
I still like the song but that exclusivity of knowing something others don't is gone.

And about Pop groups..there's no real need to hate them or want them gone. Their own moneymaking popularity eventually becomes their undoing sooner or later. They don't survive long in an industry populated by people who do what they do with a lil'bit of heart.
Besides..without pop groups, everyone would be listening to the cool stuff and god knows what would happen then

I suppose this sums it up pretty well. But I know the feeling, I hate it when a band (That I get the stick for listening too) all of a sudden becomes popular.The music is spoiled.Let Alternative Music stay that way.

------------------
Neither Darkness Nor Light,Good nor Evil Will Prevail.

Only Lavindathar.