Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-30-2001, 03:01 PM   #1
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Check this out:

http://pc.ign.com/news/35303.html

Looks like Interplay may be up for sale...and guess who the prime suspect is???

------------------

Now where did I leave that doughnut?!
Old 05-30-2001, 03:09 PM   #2
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

That just about sucks.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-30-2001, 03:13 PM   #3
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

No Way! MS is going to totally F-up the plans for BG3 or if there "are" going to be any future great BG titles.
Old 05-30-2001, 03:13 PM   #4
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Throntar:
Check this out:

http://pc.ign.com/news/35303.html

Looks like Interplay may be up for sale...and guess who the prime suspect is???
I really hate the Borg (i.e. MS).. BUT, this could be a good thing in a funky way.. look at Dungeon Siege, it's looking AMAZING--has a editor as good as Neverwinter Nights shipping with it. MS has the $$$ to blow on RPG's! So I hope they just allow the creation process to stay the same for Black Isle.

just my 2 pents..

------------------
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

[This message has been edited by Ziroc (edited 05-31-2001).]

Old 05-30-2001, 03:18 PM   #5
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
I really had the Borg (i.e. MS).. BUT, this could be a good thing in a funky way.. look at Dungeon Siege, it's looking AMAZING--has a editor as good as Neverwinter Nights shipping with it. MS has the $$$ to blow on RPG's! So I hope they just allow the creation process to stay the same for Black Isle.

just my 2 pents..

Yes, but that is the big question here. Can MS keep their dirty thieving mitts off of any follow-on BG titles (or otherwise) enough to let the creative team do their jobs? I, for one, see the glass as half-empty here... I am utterly convinced that they will screw it up...although I agree that Dungeon Siege looks great!

------------------

Old 05-30-2001, 03:19 PM   #6
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

Hmmm........I also think that if MS is going to get their hands on Interplay, their sales are going to be much more directed at the X-BOX (which is their oncoming main asset)

So there is the possibility of re-creating the BG plans for this machine.

So maybe future BG lover will have to fork out £££ and $$$s of cash if they want to see Xan, Edwin or Minsc ever again

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.
Old 05-30-2001, 03:23 PM   #7
Throntar
Drizzt Do'Urden

Right you are Wah! That's my main gripe with Microsoft. They gobble up all their competition and creativity and corner the market. What's to stop them from *only* developing games for Xbox once one of their Marketing weinies gets it into their heads that PC gamers will buy an Xbox if games are only available on it instead of the trusty old PC platform.

Unlikely, I know...but I've seen similar things out of MS before. I really object to how they do business...

------------------

Old 05-30-2001, 05:58 PM   #8
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

Maybe they could call the next game "Throne of Gates" instead of "Throne of Bhaal"

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 05-30-2001, 06:00 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Meet Elgates? Jagates is a member of the Microsofters? The Softthieves of Athwindows?
Old 05-30-2001, 06:06 PM   #10
Desuma_Malevois

No, rather "Balding Gates: The Throne of Bill".