Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2001, 10:33 PM   #1
Kinfyr
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Its not that I didn't enjoy my last party but I have never liked having more than 4 people in a group. So I decided I would try 4 non-elite characters to see how they would do. I picked a lizardman fighter, a dwarf cleric, a hobbit rogue, and a pixie mage.

I also used some of the info I gathered on the best way to allocate points and its working rather nicely. Both my fighter and rogue had 2 attacks at level one while my cleric took a little longer. My mage got fireball at level 4 or 5.... just remember it was really early in the game. By next level (9) one of my characters will have 100 in a skill while the rest will also have 100 points by level 10 which is supposed to give some kind of extra skill.

All in all I'm really happy with my party. I do have to sacrifice a few points to boost up my clerics fighting ability but its been paying off. Sure he has the lowest amount of kills but at least he's hitting everything [img]smile.gif[/img] I am playing on normal which tends to get me into big trouble but on the whole they are kicking just as much butt as my 6 character party. The only big difference is that some monsters really give me a hard time. I think my mage died 4 times fighting some poisoness seekers and there were only 4 of them. I don't even seem to have too many problems in Arnika either unless of course I get surrounded.

There you are folks... there is absolutely no need to have 6 party members to play the game. But then again I'm only in Arnika so I guess I will see what happens.
Kinfyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2001, 11:02 PM   #2
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

I do like a 4-character party myself. That's what I tended to play in Wizards & Warriors. What you lack in manpower, you make up for in higher levels earlier on.

I'm enjoying my six-character party right now (eight if you count the NPC's) but I'm playing at "Expert" and get no end of XP. I may try a 4-crack party later on.

Cheers,
-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote