Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > NWN Mod: Escape from Undermountain
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-04-2006, 08:44 PM   #1
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Well, tonight I took my first shot at Undermountain. Since it went server vault that is. Together with two friends, we managed to make it all the way to Skullport. Which took us a grant total of six hours (especially getting through level one was hard). [img]tongue.gif[/img] Part of that was because of our unusual party make-up. We had a rogue, a bard and an archer. Most memorable aspect where the people though. Most of the characters that passed by spontaneously inquired if we we were new, and promptly showered us with advice and/or items if we admitted that this was the case. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] So, my sincere thanks to everyone who helped my character (Andoreon the Arcane Archer) tonight. I guess I'll see you around. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 01:43 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

So that was you guys talking in german? [img]smile.gif[/img] I was ghosting ya till you got to Skullport! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Glad you had fun! LOADS more on the way!

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:19 AM   #3
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Undermountain, one of two servers I play where established chars carry three bags of stuff to give away to new players. It's great. I still remember my first time back, when I went portal hopping, and Stormy Mystic had to rescue me, from myself. Beware shortcuts, especially if you aren't really prepared...
robertthebard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 05:29 AM   #4
Dace De'Briago
Silver Dragon

lol

You can say that about the bags again

My [set] items collection is coming along nicely, I've got a full two sets now Only another dozen or so to go...

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Glad you enjoyed yourself Dreamer, I only started playing a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it. Rob is a gem, we've had some good run running around getting mashed by some tough ones [img]smile.gif[/img]

Catch you soon
Old 03-05-2006, 06:50 AM   #5
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
So that was you guys talking in german? [img]smile.gif[/img] I was ghosting ya till you got to Skullport! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Glad you had fun! LOADS more on the way!
Dutch, actually. And yeah, we had a great time. Especially since we stayed clear from high level players, so we had to take on all the high level baddies by ourselves. Quite the challenge. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Also, I really like what you did with Waterdeep. I recall visiting it in the early days of the mod, and it really feels much more alive now. Almost like an actual city. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edit. Question: it was quite rewarding to get to Skullport after all the heavy fighting on the first two levels. Are there similar cities or enclaves further down, because every once in awhile we need to replenish our potions, ammo and rods of resurrection. If it's naught but monsters from here 'till level fourteen, we'll be sure to buy some extra equipment.

[ 03-05-2006, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: Dreamer128 ]
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 11:53 AM   #6
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

After Skull Port, there is a merchant as you enter lvl 5, and then nothing again until lvl 8. There are two merchants accessible on lvl 12, but one of them is kind of out of the way, and then there are a couple of merchants on lvl 13, if you can understand what they are saying, anyway.
Old 03-06-2006, 02:59 AM   #7
Mozenwrathe
Symbol of Cyric

Two merchants on Level 12?

Robert The Bard, you've been holding out on me or something? Or are you talking about that rather peculiar gent who insists he knows you and that you and he have kind of part hostilities? You know, the dude with the red armor... and the really funky breath. Like, he eats coal for breakfast or something. Needs to brush his teeth more, that I can tell you without blinking.

Welcome to you Dreamer128. Wish I could have met up with you and yours on your journeys. I am very glad you are enjoying yourselves on this server. I still haven't finished the Original Campaign on my disk, and yet I have been playing online here for over a year. Just goes to show what quality comes out of the minds of fans giving back to the public. *sends kudos to Ziroc*
There are no paths to power which are not fraught with confrontation. No matter the battle, a lesson must be won. In the end, the path shall fade into nothingness for the one walking it, but may go on for eternity for those whom choose to follow. One must know their own footsteps before taking that first step, or instead of choosing your battles, your battles will choose you.
Mozenwrathe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2006, 10:29 AM   #8
robertthebard
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes, I did say that one of them was kinda out of the way, ya know. He has the same basic store that Durnan has at higher lvls in the tavern, so some of those only one of 'em in the inn can be duplicated during a single load, instead of waiting for a reload to get the other one.