Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-30-2005, 02:11 PM   #1
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi,

New to the game and am really liking it so far. I've been playing a half elf druid created as lawful neutral. Now that I've finished with the spirit of the wood quest I see that I have become lawful good, which means I can't level up.

Is there a way to change the alignment back or otherwise work around this issue? I'm hoping the answer just isn't "kill everything in sight" because that would be dissatisfying for RP reasons.

Any help greatly appreciated!!
ASW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

Do soemthing evil.
Unfortunatly, the only thing I can think of is "kill somehthing", but I'm sure tehre are dialogue options. Demand more money, balckmail, swear, atht kind of thing.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2005, 05:01 PM   #3
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That blows from a RP perspective.
I'll go back to an older save and try to be less good. That blows too, but less so....
Old 08-31-2005, 06:53 PM   #4
ZFR
Legion Symbol

you sometimes may get allignemnt shift towards evil for sparing a bandit's life, which would be ok from RP point of view in your case. but there are very few such cases and not enough to bring alignement back from good so youre better off reloading.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:39 PM   #5
Ilythiiri
The Magister

In a RP perspective.. I think you should do some evil acts, because you are LN, neutral characters don't see good or evil, balance is the key, do as much evil things as good things and you should be able to maintain balance.. Since you are of lawful alignment, I suggest you don't do evil acts that "breaks the law"

But.. if you tend to be a "good" druid, I would suggest you start your alignment as Neutral Good. Then you can do tons of "good" acts and not affect your alignment.

Or.... you could always do chaotic stuffs like doing things by solving it with violence, I am quite sure that there are some dialogues/actions you can choose/do to shift your lawful alignment to more chaotic, which means once you hit neutral, you stop.
Old 11-28-2005, 10:10 AM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Trying to maintain a strict neutrality (lawful or true) in these games is extremely difficult. That's because most of what you do can be considered "good". As previously suggested, the better alignment is Neutral Good, where you will not be affected by good deeds.

I don't think the OC checks along the law/chaos axis, only good/evil.

Anyway, yes, if you want to move back to LN, you must do some evil (as the game sees it) acts. This will be tough, because there isn't a lot of scope for the evil-aligned here, which is only to be expected. Randomly killing people will only turn most people against you, which is not a good thing.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 04:30 PM   #7
ASW
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Funny to see this post pop up again. I've been forced to put aside gaming for a bit while the house gets reworked and have only recently picked it up again. I did reload and have tried to act in a more "chaotic" fasion (along the lines of Ilythiiri's suggestions). At the same time, I can't help but wonder if/when the problem will surface again.
Old 11-28-2005, 07:45 PM   #8
Darkman

I believe the campaigns in the expansion packs make much better use of the alignment system. The origianal NWN campaign is pretty lame in that regard since the game railroads you into being either goodie-two-shoes or greedy-mass-murderer and has no options whatsoever for Lawful or Chaotic characters.

I personally would not be opposed to using the in-game command console to alter your alignment back to neutral. It's wouldn't exactly be cheating because all you're really doing is fixing the poor game implimentation by the developers. Unfortunately I'm not sure exactly how to do this in-game, but maybe someone with DM'ing experience could tell you. Or you could always try using Leto to manually change your alignment by altering one of your saved games. Be sure to make a backup first though!

If you do end up starting over, I would agree with the other posters that you might be better off with a Neutral alignment for the Law/Chaos axis so that your Good/Evil can vary depending on how you play your character without it disabling your Druid status.
Old 11-28-2005, 08:39 PM   #9
Ilythiiri
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Nightowl2:

I don't think the OC checks along the law/chaos axis, only good/evil.
Nightowl2
Yeah, I don't think OC has it.
But there are quite a few throughout SoU and HotU,
For example, in the very first map of SoU.. there are houses that belong to the peasents and the doors are locked, if you bash through the doors, your law/chaos axis will shift towards choas.. even if you choose certain dialogues that threatened the peasents, your law/chaos axis will shift to that too..