Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2004, 02:58 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Dorna (cleric 3/rogue 4) and I (bard 7) are trying to make our way within the Stinger caves. I say trying when I mean reloading a lot.

Here are just a few things I'd like to point out:
Dorna has 74-ish HP, while I have 38-ish.
Dorna has a 21 AC, while I have 18.
In melee, Dorna's potential damage is significantly greater than my constant damage of 1.

So why is it I'm the one leading? I'm getting loaded with acid arrows, while she's contemplating on whether or not she should drink that cure minor wounds potion. Is there a way I can tell her to go ahead of me? Or is there a way I can modify her class script, or possibly a variation of what she has now?

I just find that my tactics are limited in the event that I have to flee because they've all decided to target me rather than her.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

As soon as the enemies spot you stand still, or fall back if necessary, and let Dorna run up to the enemies and get a few swings at them. Most enemies shift focus if they're attacked so having a henchman between you and you foe is important if you want to avoid being attacked. This is the only thing I can think of that would help.

I've played a few modules where you could, through dialogue, command a follower to scout ahead but it never really worked that well. And I don't think you could script them to lead as then the computer would have to know where you want to go, and it don't.
Old 06-12-2004, 03:21 PM   #3
Nanobyte

We're in one of those areas where there's an archer ahead and several warriors between them and us. I've tried having her do melee and charge the archer, but that usually leaves me with all the warriors. I've found it better if I can take the archer out before the warriors are triggered to come out, meaning both Dorna and I are using ranged weapons. The archer always attacks me first, regardless of Dorna's condition (for instance, I was hidden in shadows and she wasn't). And if I move back, the Stinger will either move closer to continue attacking me, or move out of view, causing Dorna to move ahead and trigger the warriors.
Old 06-12-2004, 06:36 PM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

I had some problems in the Stinger Caves playing a Bard myself, and I had Deekin in tow.
Old 06-12-2004, 08:04 PM   #5
Nanobyte

I eventually managed to get past that one bit. And actually, have gotten pretty far since then.

POTENTIAL SPOILERS LOOM AHEAD

I've made it to the sacrificial altar, with all the ghouls, and Dorna's having a heck of a time trying to pick a target. The first thing she does is expend all her turn undead feats, and when those are all gone (and when she's completely surrounded), she tries to get over to where I am. Meaning massive tumbleage.

I actually did well on my second try. Everyone but the Stinger priest remained. Yet, he still managed to take the two of us out. He scored two consecutive critical hits on Dorna, and after she was down, it was easy pickins.