Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2004, 06:16 PM   #1
Cienden
Manshoon

Is it just me, or is the original campaigh too easy? I finished it as a level 15 cleric and pretty much waltzed my way through the bulk of the game on the standard difficutly. After 5 dragons (left a sixth, gold one, alive) and 4 baalors, the end game boss was sort of a joke. After I took out one of her defences, my henchman battered her into pulp before I got a chance to even hit her.

It just seemed so ridiculously easy. I hope the expansions are harder.
Old 06-15-2004, 10:42 PM   #2
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
The game seems to be incredibly easy as a cleric... Especially with a fighter henchman.
At least now you can play mods, or perhaps even design them. You can also consider getting the expansions... From what I hear they're much better.
No, I don't have them... My laptop at school won't run NWN, so I'm just stuck with several mods in various states of completion and memories of the OC.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Illumina Drathiran'ar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2004, 02:04 AM   #3
Cienden
Manshoon

Yes, I just happened to have a fighter henchmen. I had forgotten to mention that. I had him at first because my guy couldn't hit a barn starting out, and needed protection. Finally I just got used to the orc, so I just stuck with him the whole game.

I'm messing with the toolset now, and I do have the expansions, so I'll try them soon enough.
Old 06-20-2004, 03:43 PM   #4
Karathis

try playing at hard settings, i seriously doub you have done that
Old 06-21-2004, 03:50 AM   #5
philip
Galvatron

And try playing a different class [img]smile.gif[/img] It might be because of a stupid choice at the start of the game but I had quite a hard time with a solo rogue. Anyway I quit because it was too boring so I don't know how good/bad he was after level 6.
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 05:49 AM   #6
Stratos
Vampire

Well, the Cleric is one of the most powerful classes in the game, and with a henchman as well...
Old 06-21-2004, 10:39 AM   #7
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I don't like clerics because their dexterity is somewhat lacking.
Easy? It took me ages to finsih the game. I finally ended with a lv 19 barbarian = grim, and that was no easy fight.
I'd try a mage. Spells. Pow.

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2004, 03:58 PM   #8
Cienden
Manshoon

Yeah maybe I'll try something else if I play it again. Right now I'm in SoU. I'm trying to get a legit "made the hard way" high level character to play EfU with.

Yes, cleric dexterity sucks. I got tired of wasting arrows so I eventually broke down and took the Zen Archery feat. Helped a bit. Dexterity was like 10 or something and my wisdom was 16 + 1 from a magic item.
Old 06-22-2004, 08:19 AM   #9
Stratos
Vampire

With the Clerics spells, he can fight almost as good as a Fighter alone. A Fighter/Cleric multiclass is basically a Fighter that can buff, heal, disable enemies...

Yes, Zen Archery really comes in handy for Divine Spellcasters.