Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2000, 05:32 PM   #1
Erad

"There were six of 'em, if I recall corectly"-said an old ranger, talking with a friend over at the inn-"The most fearsome sort,one look of that dwarf barbarian fella and you would think twice about bartering with him, hehe.If You would insult one of them , like that funny pixie thief, You would have a bunch of dwarves , a priest and even a mage to back her up.They looked like one big family, and happy to said at least"-pause for a drink and memory refresh
"I remember the day they were given the assigment of clearing the serpent cult, over at the temple.When people tried to to warn them saying tha snakes are dangoerous, they only smiled.Most of us werent giving them much chances , but we didnt knew them then.They came back in 5 hours, just before sunset, all in blood, their backpacks loaded with lotsa stuff, and mage with an excitement in his face was vertering a book he just found.Book of Fire or sumthin, very valuable he said.They came back, sold the stuff, trained a bit in the guilds, and went on another assigment, this time on the west side of the world.They were strange, you know, never stopping at the inn to rest or get a drink, never eating anything.Superhumans, but thats my guess.
So, after spendind like 20 minutes in town (they needed to take a bath, drink some potions) they were off.We ,including meself, were warning them again about the west side know, putting a special emphasis on Amazoni Mantraps, the most dangerous foe, worse than a dragon.They were smiling again, ya know, that childish look on their face saying "I dont fear anything, the world is mine!", untill I came and told them that they can be laughing about it, but for gods and their own sake, to treat these beasts with respect.That made them look a bit more ..adult?Anyway, they understanded that and went off.Later in that night, we heard a great ammount of srcreams , and the people with big houses (there werent many at that time) even seen meteors and a fair ammount of fire somewhere in the woods.Finally, something like an hour before dawn, it stopped.The party was getting back, warriors and thief were heavy wounded, almost dead, when the priest looked like she REALLY needed a good rest at inn.The only person in the team who was standind upright and was scanning the crowd , was the mage.Aparentlly, he was looking for me, coz when he found me, he bowed his head , and suddenly i heard a voice in my head saying
"If it werent for You, we would be dead by now.I thank you on behalf of all party."
They went to temple, healded themselves, although they werent given any disccount for killing that monster, and thats nasty, ya know?A man is trying to make world a safe place to live, and they dont event get the discount at temple after helping the city so much!!....
Right after that they left, their paladin saying something about "Undead in the castle of Shruegon".So, they were off again.I heard later on from my friend in Brimloch they saved the world, but no one is sure about that.Thats finally end to my tale, what do you make of it?"
The barkeep at the other side of the room looked up and saw the blind ranger was staring at the empty place beside him, and quickly made a gesture to one of his employees.Boy understanded well, and run to the rangers table.He sat down and said
"Thy tale is worth 10 bards, my friend, but I would like to hear it again, because i think i lost something this time.
Will You be so generous to tell me your tale again,friend?"
Ranger drank his ale to the bottom, and said "Of course, just give some more ale......"

The End

PS. I love amazoni mantrap, and burning haze isnt the best for them.Try meteostorm