Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-20-2001, 05:11 PM   #41
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Catzenpewters: Yes, yes!! I'm a long-term ADOM fan; played back quite a few "gamma releases" ago, and last year finished playing through Gamma 14 of the game. Did you ever hang out at alt.games.roguelike.adom on the Usenet? I used to post there a bit (although I forget what my handle was now; it wasn't 'Sazerac'. It would be fun to see ADOM brought to the 3D environment.

Zoric: I think there's a LOT of people, myself included, who did NOT like Wizardry 4. Which is nothing to say against those who did; I just didn't care for the idea. Dead villains should stay dead, otherwise it turns into "Days of Our Lives" or some such other soap opera.

For those of you Wizardry fans from the old days, check out the Wizardry 8 forum here at Ironworks (which I co-moderate with Ziroc). We're having a great time in there reminiscing about the old games and speculating on Wiz 8.
To get there, click on the "Hop to" list at the bottom of the Forum page and choose "Wizardry 8." We'd love to see you there.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 05:19 PM   #42
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Also realized that this post never had my particular "stats", so here's a little about me:

Male, age 37, married, no kids (thank the heavens), living in Denton, TX (just north of the DFW Metroplex area), instructor in computer networking (Windows 2000, Novell), Internet, and Web Design/Web Master). I've been playing CRPG's since the early 80's, and have also played and DM'd table-top RPG's since that time as well. I think I liked the playing better than the DM'ing, although I do get to be a little more creative with the DM'ing part as well.

Games I've played include: all the Wizardry series (never did finish 4, though, , Barbarian I and II (C64), Realms of Arkania (all of them), TES: Arena and TES: Daggerfall (and looking forward to TES: Morrowind later this year, (hopefully), Might & Magic 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8 (never finished 8, again MM9 BETTER be better than that pile of cr*p), Betrayal at Krondor, Celtic Tales: Balor of the Evil Eye, ANGBAND, ADOM, and there's probably quite a few more in there that I've forgotten about.

-Sazerac
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2001, 07:02 PM   #43
catzenpewters
Manshoon

Good heavens, Sazerac, no wonder you're an expert!

I've played gamma 15 on ADOM; 16 is out now I think. Apparently the long-awaited version 1.00 is coming out soon - I can't wait! I've played Angband too, but think ADOM is infinitely better. Gads what a cool (and LONG) game that would make in a graphics version. I too didn't think M&M 8 was up to the modern standards, but I did finish it and I must admit I loved having a dragon in my party. Wasn't as fond of the lack of choice in character creation.

A lot of people have mentioned the Wizardry series - I'll have to take a look. May be the next one to try when (if!) I ever finish W&W.
catzenpewters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 08:51 PM   #44
mammawlin
Drizzt Do'Urden

Female Grandmother in Columbus Ohio 53 years young now and I love this game and love this forum! And I love Jesus!!

------------------
mammaw's know all, see all, tell nothing
mammawlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 08:59 PM   #45
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

have 4 older brothers
adam warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2001, 09:23 PM   #46
WizardMen
The Magister

Im 15 and live in oceanside,ca....iv loved rpg's ever since i played Crono Trigger

()xxxxxxx{}:::::::::::::::>
WizardMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 04:33 AM   #47
Streicher
Welcomed New User

18 year old boy from Germany.

My first rpg I played through was ultima 7. Its a real facinating game and when you are about 10 years old its a wounderful fantasy world to run and talk through.

I later played wiz 6 part 7 was to hard for me. One of best rpg is fallout 1-2 in my opnnions. Lets see what the future have for us out of wiz 8.
Streicher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2001, 04:11 PM   #48
CyberPixie

Hello all!
I'm fairly new at all of this, but I did play Wizardry back in the day. I have played a pen-and-paper RPG named Earthdawn, but I've never even played D&D! What kind of RPG'er am I?
Anyway, I'm a 24-year-old female who just got back into playing RPG's. I'm enjoying W&W immensely, and I've found this board to be great help!