Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2000, 10:01 PM   #11
emilyh
Welcomed New User

Would that be Scott Adams, the same guy who writes Dilbert? I thought he was an engineer not a computer game programmer. Wow - that must've been a while ago. I remember Apple II's, we had them in school when I was a kid. Anyone ever play some of the original D&D games? They weren't too shabby.
emilyh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 11:32 PM   #12
Orion

Ok, what am I doing here? I'm only 19. Some you guys are almost twice my age! : ) hmmm
Anyways, I've played so many different games I can't remember. Bard's Tale and Final Fantasy 1 probably got me going the most on RPG's. The RPG genre is my favorite but I can spank anyone in UT or Quake too.
Currently, I'm enjoying Sacrifice and W&W, of course. Plus, I'm GMing some 3rd Ed. DnD sessions occasionally on the weekends for some of my friends. One thing I've accomplished is beating Final Fantasy 1-8 (all the jap. versions too).
And for all that gaming I'm still only 130 lbs haha. Might be higher if I didn't have to sit around all day programming (burns it off I tell yah). Oh yeah, live in the US, male.
Old 12-07-2000, 11:47 PM   #13
Merlyn the Gray

43, Male, Tulsa OK USA. And yes, even us Grandpas love this stuff...
IS Architect by trade and training, RPGer by choice and passion.
Old 12-08-2000, 12:26 AM   #14
syphen

G-DAY, im 19 live in melbourne australia, the kangaroos and i play RPG's all the time....mate. it started for me and bessie, thats me kangaroo, back in 1989 or sumthing with eye of the beholder and eye 2 and 3.....mate. they are the best that i played in a long time till i got into FALLOUT 1+2, then i played them to death then i started on W&W. i love it. does anyone know a site to download daggerfall and other games like that ?
email me mate...syphen666@hotmail.com

remember to put a few shrimp on the barbie
Old 12-10-2000, 07:50 AM   #15
Gamebrain

I am 30 yrs old, female, American. My first fantasy based game was Sierra's Kings Quest 3 on an IBM XT, it had no hard drive only 5 1/2'' floppies. Love RPGs. Also like Theif the Metal Age and tinkering with Dromed.
Old 12-10-2000, 09:51 AM   #16
Silverwolf
Welcomed New User

I'm 56.. almost 57.. and female. A grandmother 2 times with another on the way! I LOVE my computer games. Right now I'm bouncing between BG2 and W&W. My 10 year old grandson gets to play once I finish.

Started playing games on my C-64 about a million years ago and have never stopped since then.

Old??? ME??? Nah....

JJ
Silverwolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 11:56 AM   #17
gaunty
The Magister

33, single white male, akron ohio u s a,
first d&d rpg was the phantasy 1 made by ssI
for the ATARI ST 520.....somebody bring back
the rogue game
gaunty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2000, 04:11 PM   #18
carg
The Magister

Gaunty,
I played Phantasy too!
If we're talking about the same rogue game, it's far from dead! Only it has evolved into hack, nethack, moria, angband and others. Look at http://www.win.tue.nl/games/roguelike for an overview, and at http://www.skoardy.demon.co.uk/rlnews/index.html for up to date info about even the obscurest clone. The variants I like best are nethack and (z)angband. Make sure you get the Tk version of the latter, which has a much improved User Interface.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2000, 09:39 AM   #19
dobaj

Someone sad that he feels young here in with his 19 years. I am in age of 17 and I know of and even played all those frp games, as sad as that seems .
Are really no younger generations interested in these kind of games??
Old 12-11-2000, 10:12 AM   #20
dcch

55, female, Northern Ca.~ been playing forever (seems like).. Commadore 64.. Nintendo.. Amiga.. Atari.. dos... etc...
My previous DWB favorite.. was Crusaders of the Dark Savant! Since then, have enjoyed almost all CRPG's~Wizardry series, Might and Magic series, Underworld I & II, Ultima series, Pool of Radiance, Zork, and many others in between.

dh